Strength Through Diversity
Ground breaking science. Advancingmedicine. Healing made personal.
Roles amp; Responsibilities:
The dual modality Technician operates Computed Tomography (CT) scanner or x-rayequipment to capture images to aid in patient diagnoses.
1. Identifies patientservice requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actualpatients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations oftreatment; answering questions.
2. Prepares patient forradiological procedure by positioning patient, adjusting immobilizationdevices, moving equipment into specified position, and adjusting equipmentcontrols to set exposure factors.
3. Minimizes radiationto patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beamrestrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.Adheres to established infection control policies and procedures.
4. Maintains productionand quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures;processing radiographs; observing radiographic results; making necessaryadjustments.
5. Documents patientcare services by charting in patient and department records (including thecompletion and verification of exams.
Completion of an accreditedRadiology Program
2-5 years experience as a CTtechnician
1. Radiologic Technologist
2. ARRT certification
Strength Through Diversity
The Mount Sinai Health Systembelieves that diversity is a driver for excellence. We share a common devotionto delivering exceptional patient care. Yet we’re as diverse as the city wecall home- culturally, ethically, in outlook and lifestyle. When you join us,you become a part of Mount Sinai’s unrivaled record of achievement, educationand advancement as we revolutionize medicine together.
We work hard to acquire and retainthe best people, and to create a welcoming, nurturing work environment where youcan develop professionally. We share the belief that all employees, regardlessof job title or expertise, can make an impact on quality patient care.
Explore more about this opportunityand how you can help us write a new chapter in our story!
Who We Are
Over 38,000 employees strong, themission of the Mount Sinai Health System is to provide compassionate patientcare with seamless coordination and to advance medicine through unrivalededucation, research, and outreach in the many diverse communities we serve.
Formed in September 2013, The MountSinai Health System combines the excellence of the Icahn School of Medicine atMount Sinai with seven premier hospital campuses, including Mount Sinai BethIsrael, Mount Sinai Beth Israel Brooklyn, The Mount Sinai Hospital, Mount SinaiQueens, Mount Sinai West (formerly Mount Sinai Roosevelt), Mount Sinai St.Luke’s, and New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai.
The Mount Sinai Health System is anequal opportunity employer. We comply with applicable Federal civil rights lawsand does not discriminate, exclude, or treat people differently on the basis ofrace, color, national origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Shift : Full-time
Primary Location: New York-Long Island City