Westchester is one of the largest and most diverse excess and surplus lines commercial property and casualty insurance companies in the United States. Focused on the wholesale distribution channel, Westchester provides innovative specialty products for property, specialty casualty, environmental, professional risk, inland marine, product recall, small business, binding and programs. The business is further distinguished by exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence and superior claims handling expertise.
Westchester is a company of Chubb, the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. Parent company Chubb Limited is listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: CB) and is a component of the S&P 500 index. Chubb maintains executive offices in Zurich, New York, London and other locations, and employs approximately 30,000 people worldwide.
The Director of Business Analysis is responsible for working in partnership with business stakeholders to understand the business need, define/elaborate the scope, document business requirements and ensure business validation. This Director will collaborate with IT teams to implement business requirements through project initiatives and maintenance sprints to enable the business to drive revenue growth and/or maintain compliance.
- Partner with business leadership to understand business needs and implement prioritized business initiatives.
- Document high level scope used by development to estimate work effort required for new project initiatives to be presented to senior leadership for governance approval.
- Manage business expectations through prioritization, requirements, user acceptance testing and transparent communication.
- Serve as a liaison between business stakeholders and IT employees and vendor partners to deliver business commitments.
- Collaborate with multiple vendor partners to analyze requirements, appropriately distribute tasks and track progress in order to deliver high-quality products on-time and within budget.
- Champion the needs of the business and work with other BAs to line up prioritized defect fixes and small enhancements/changes in maintenance sprints.
- Conduct business stakeholder meetings and requirement gathering sessions to construct workflow diagrams and write detail specifications through iterative design.
- Work with BAs, development and testing teams to provide clarifications on requirements or issues during implementation.
- Take leadership on initiatives and collaborate with the project manager to drive projects forward.
- Keep abreast of latest technologies and participate in designing innovative, cutting edge software solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT, other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of IT experience in a comparable role.
- Minimum of 3 years in P&C insurance and strong knowledge of the end-to-end policy life cycle.
- Background with policy admin system portfolio implementation experience, Duck Creek preferred.
- Understanding of Agile delivery methodology and Scrum are desirable.
- Ability to lead people and create a sense of team in order to deliver business objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build trusting relationships with all team members including business stakeholders and IT team members.
- Highly self-motivated, organized, with excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task on critical initiatives.
- Models Chubb values; demonstrates high integrity; meets commitments.
- Demonstrates sense of urgency and accountability; sets priorities and acts on key issues.
- Advanced technical troubleshooting, diagnosing, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.