PeopleTec is currently seeking a DVS Model Based Systems Engineer to support our Huntsville, AL location.
The candidate will provide support to MDA Advanced Technology and the Advanced Concepts and Performance Assessments Program using Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) tools and techniques to define systems interfaces, requirements and behaviors. Support system design, requirements development and functional allocation to hardware, software, operator and other segments and other system components. Support development of system integration plans, procedures and scenarios used in the conduct of software/hardware system integration testing, perform analysis of integration results to assess system impacts. Candidate will also preform the following duties:
- Participate in system requirements reviews and creating and/or updating requirement specifications and technical documentation.
- Review system engineering documentation to ensure specifications meet system needs and are accurate.
- Participate in the development of trade studies to support the selection preferred design solutions and course of action alternatives in project development/product delivery.
- Provide review and analysis support to the test team development and conduct of formal testing.
- Participate in project technical risk analysis and mitigation.
- 5+ years of Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) tools and procedures.
- Experience with, and understanding of, object-oriented design.
- Understanding system interface requirements and requirements management.
- Understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Familiar with MBSE/SysML/LML/UPDM/DoDAF modeling tools.
- Familiar with systems engineering lifecycle.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products including Office and SharePoint.
- Travel: 5%
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- An active DoD Secret clearance is required to perform this work. Candidates are required to have an active Secret clearance upon hire, and the ability to maintain this level of clearance during their employment.
A completed Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related major is required. Masters Degree desired.
- Experience with LML, SysML, UPDM, and DoDAF modeling is a plus.
- Experience working at MDA is a plus.
PeopleTec, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in its job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following email address, HR@peopletec.com and/or phone number (256.319.3800) to contact us about your interest in employment with PeopleTec, Inc.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, citizenship, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. PeopleTec, Inc. participates in E-Verify.