Sr. Project Manager is responsible for ensuring successful delivery of projects as measured by schedule, budget and deliverable quality performance measures. The Sr. Project Manager will help sell, estimate, plan, launch, execute and closedown projects. During the project life cycle, the Sr. Project Manager will communicate status with regular frequency, manage risks and issues, and monitor financial performance according to in place agreements made between client and the customer. Sr. Project Manager must understand and respond to clients’ varied business needs.
Skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree: Business or technology related BA/BS
- 5 years of ERP implementation experience
- In-depth functional knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX (required).
- Three+ full years of Microsoft Dynamics AX implementation experience (required)
- Three+ years of experience Project Managing AX implementations and consultants
- Three full Microsoft Dynamics AX implementations (Analysis through Deployment)
- Certification in Microsoft Dynamics AX.
- Understanding of aspects of business management and strategic evaluation
- Professional Skills:
- Results-oriented/self-directed ability to drive change in unstructured environment
- Strong client interface and presentation skills
- Strong business acumen
- Track record of initiative and outstanding performance
- Manage the delivery of projects through the complete lifecycle from aspiration through to Operations. This will include ensuring that the project is delivered on time, meet`s business & technical requirements and is within the agreed budget.
- Manage project plans, budgets, and resource schedules on a weekly basis.
- Assist in the sales process, including estimating work effort and expenses using standard tools.
- Develop detailed work plans that form the baseline or yardstick for measuring process.
- Implement appropriate controls and governance structures to ensure on-time, on-budget and quality outcomes.
- Manage issues and risks associated with the project.
- Manage the deliverable approval process essential to overall project approval.
- Manage and monitor the project process and track progress against milestones, deadlines and budget. Report on these items to key management.
- Work with the sales team to manage changes to the original agreements.
- Establishes a strategy of continuous risk management that enables proactive decisions and actions throughout the project life cycle and creates an environment to support it where the project team has visible, measurable, and repeatable processes for managing these risks.
- Demonstrate the ability to work systematically and logically to analyze situations, resolve problems, identify causes and anticipate implications
- Manage and develop customer relationships and perceptions to achieve mutual goals
- Demonstrate the capacity to plan, prioritize and organize their time, project schedules and multiple project activities
- Executes established policies and procedures for the project, e.g. quality assurance, team reference guide, communication plan, and setting up the environment.
- Work with clients, end-users and management to understand their business and software requirements, scope, gaps, timeline and budget.
- Convert requirements to functional specs and functional design documents.
- Effectively translate requirements to the delivery team to ensure a clear and complete understanding of the requirements.
- Facilitate the implementation and support of Microsoft Dynamics AX at client location.