We are currently seeking an Assistant Buyer for Rooms To Go. Responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, researching product and style trends, working with suppliers, shopping the marketplace, store lineup maintenance, and store replenishment. This person will maintain merchandise flow, inventory projections, sales and store analytics and preparation. The successful person will be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and will work well under pressure. This position is extremely fast paced.
The successful individual will need to partner with several cross functional teams (Logistics, MIS, Merchandising, & Operations) to assist, influence and recommend solutions that identify root cause analysis and improve process development.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide analytical and system support for the development, implementation, and management of strategies and policies.
* Utilize historical sales combined with trending data to generate supply plans and forecast product flow.
* Execute Purchase Orders based on supply plan / flowing requirements.
* Work to provide smooth flow of goods into multiple distribution centers.
* Assist in development of business tools and processes to capture and monitor metrics for supply chain processes.
* Regularly analyzes supply chain data to ensure key performance indicators are met; in addition to making recommendations for process improvement.
* Partner with various business stakeholders in Logistics, DC Operations, MIS and various internal organizations to drive efficiency with technology
* Coordinate and implement warehouse, and supply chain best practices.
* Minor project management activities.
* Bachelor's degree in Business and/or Merchandising and Design
* 1-3 yrs in related work experience. Retail preference, but not mandatory.
* Strong problem solving skills, proven ability to identify and resolve problems.
* Possess and affinity for data, and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available.
* Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills.
* Self-starter; team player.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled