Assist in facilitation of the processing of clothing merchandise through Gulfstream Goodwill Industries’ Goodwill Bluebox program.
- Process and sort clothing that arrives at our central distribution facility in Lake Worth, FL.
- Check for quality, value, vintage, and unique clothing and apparel pieces for sale on Goodwillbluebox.com in clothing & apparel boxes, as well as single-purchase vintage items.
- Sort donations in a warehouse environment and/or in a climate controlled workspace.
- Place merchandise and packing slips into appropriately sized mailers or boxes and prepare for shipping; verify item numbers to packing slips; ship out within specified time requirements.
- Assist in responding to emails, phone inquiries, customer pick-ups and shipping service
- Work with boutique room and eBook sections as needed
- Ensure high standards of customer service and address issues/complaints in a timely manner
- Maintain weekly inventory management systems, pulling and packing unsold items for shipment to stores while maintaining Kaizen principles to ensure maximum use of space and efficiencies at every station.
- Assist with housekeeping and maintenance of department cleanliness and assist with all opening/closing procedures.
- Work closely with ShopGoodwill supervisor to meet production goals and budgeted revenue; maintain compliance of all Kaizen and Safety audits; attend meetings as requested.
- Select totes and take to station.
- Using key information (ISBN number, UPC code, title, author, etc.) scan using computerized scanner equipment to establish value by the way of e-commerce software. If merchandise meets our criteria, enter pertinent data into listing program. Print out locator slip and place on item with locator number visible.
- Sort items that fail to meet department criteria into separate tote. Label all totes in station accordingly.
- May assist in responding to email and phone inquiries.
- Pull merchandise off shelves with list generated by online orders. Generate packaging slips. Transport carts of merchandise and packing slips to packaging station verify items and slips match.
- Place merchandise and packaging slip into appropriately sized bubble mailer or box.
- Perform other related duties as required.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Demonstrate by words and actions a commitment to the Goodwill mission to help people with barriers to become self-sufficient, working members of the community.
- Perform or assist with any duties or operations, as required to maintain workflow and to meet schedules and quality requirements.
- Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules, keeping work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Participate in any variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements, and policies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Experience sorting clothing and apparel retail is preferred.
- Ability to use automated control to ship inventory using Shipstation and Fedex software.
- Experience and education equivalent to High School Diploma or GED preferred
- Ability to read and speak English and understand verbal/written instructions
- Knowledge of internet search engines including Google, EBay, Amazon, and Microsoft
- Familiarity with packaging and shipping procedures and postage
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to respond to customer service inquiries to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ability to handle and move large amounts of material around worksite
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently
- Repetitive pushing, pulling, stretching, reaching, kneeling, stooping, standing and bending
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer and peripherals, digital cameras, word processing, spreadsheets and software programs, safety equipment, postage scales, packing tape and materials, and a variety of standard office equipment.
Pay Rate: $10.00/hour