Requisition ID: 82301
• Provide engineering design support for domestic and/or international EPC/EPCm/DB projects whose responsibilities include but not limited to engineering studies, environmental permitting, conceptual and detailed design, plant layouts, contract negotiations and supervision of procurement and contract administration for power plant water/wastewater treatment systems, industrial water/wastewater systems, and/or desalination systems on projects ranging from moderate to large in size and complexity.
• Develop and prepare water mass balances, process flow diagrams (PFDs) and piping and instrument diagrams (P&IDs) for system technologies including coagulation, flocculation, filtration, reverse osmosis (industrial and desalination), ion exchange, condensate polishing, wastewater treatment, chemical handling/storage/injection, and sampling and analysis.
• Develop and prepare design calculations and specifications for major engineered equipment associated with the above-stated technologies.
• Develop and prepare design deliverables in accordance with industry codes and standards, contract requirements, and company standards.
• Assist in preparation, monitoring, and updating project plans, schedules, and budgets to project discipline leadership to ensure successful project completion.
• Coordinate with internal and external partners including cross-discipline, construction, vendors, and fabricator(s) to address process-related issues or concerns.
• Support department managers in achieving performance goals for the department.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering in a Chemical engineering program from an ABET accredited four-year college or university program.
• Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification preferred.
• General knowledge of process/water treatment technologies as applicable in the power industry, industrial water/wastewater and/or desalination industry.
• Proficient in chemistry, thermodynamics, heat transfer, and fluid mechanics
• Works well in a team environment
• Willingly accepts multiple assignments with demonstrated flexibility in changing workload and priorities
• Good communication skills
• Demonstrated analytical skills
• Proficient in basic computer programs utilizing spreadsheets, databases, word processing, e-mail and other computer operations within the Microsoft Office product suite.
• Knowledgeable in engineering software, specifically Mathcad, ASPEN, or Matlab preferred.
• Bilingual verbal and written capability in Spanish is desired but not required.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Overland Park
Nearest Secondary Market: Kansas City
Job Segment:Process Engineer, Architecture, Engineer, Construction, Procurement, Engineering, Operations