Requisition ID: 79651
KIE Proposal Services (KIEPS) is based in Denver, Colorado, and provides exceptional – best in class – proposal support services to Kiewit Infrastructure and Engineering Districts. KIEPS represents a shared services initiative for Kiewit Engineering Group and Kiewit Infrastructure Group, divisions of Kiewit Corporation.
KIE Proposal Services has an immediate opening in its group in Denver, CO. Travel required up to 30%.
Early Career proposal writer/coordinator to participate in the development of proposal documents in response to requests for Statements of Qualifications, Proposals and Client Presentations. This is a position that will require the successful candidate to learn and apply new concepts and skills. This job will involve learning about solicitation and proposal development processes.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist in developing written content for non-technical proposal sections from reference materials and/or interviews with subject matter experts
• Coordinate development of proposal sections with oversight from Proposal Manager
• Assist in the production of hard copy and electronic proposal documents
• Ability to work with graphic designers to translate narrative concepts into supporting graphics
• Ability to recognize areas in proposal to recommend graphics
• Manage deadlines and responsibilities assigned through responsibility matrix
• Developing work product that meets solicitation requirement and compliance objectives
The successful candidate must possess the following qualifications:
• 0 - 4 years of proposal or large publication development experience
• Minimum undergraduate degree in English, technical communications, or equivalent required, graduate level degree preferred
• Knowledge and skills in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat
• Strong attention to detail, organization and active listening skills
• Ability to work with different personalities, and take direction from senior staff
• Ability to meet deadlines while coordinating development of multiple proposal sections
• May include coordinating efforts across several projects simultaneously, requiring self-organization and time management skills
• Solid communication skills both within core group and with internal clients
• Self-motivated with ability to work well with professionals from various backgrounds
• Ability to deliver quality work that meets requirements and deadlines
• A focus on teamwork – ability to listen, collaborate, and communicate among colleagues, internal customers, and team partners
• Willingness to learn and grow, with a desire for constant improvement
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Denver
Job Segment:Pre-Sales, Proposal Writer, RFP, Engineer, Construction, Sales, Engineering