POSITION TITLE: Early Childhood Education Teacher
REPORTS TO: School Principal
CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: Early Childhood B-3
To facilitate student achievement by helping students learn subject matter and skills that will contribute to their development as mature, able, and responsible men and women.
- Facilitate student achievement.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
- Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
- Prepares for classes assigned and shows written evidence (lesson plan) of preparation upon request of administrator.
- Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects to communicate these objectives to students.
- Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
- Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
- Writes compliant Individualized Education Plans (IEP’s) for students using Diagnostic Reports on student performance.
- Monitors student achievement.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required.
- Diagnoses the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, with the assistance of district specialists.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulation.
- Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education-related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Examples of Work:
- Strives to implement by instruction and action the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
- Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assists the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct, and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
- Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher/building aides and volunteers and, cooperatively with administrator, evaluates their job performance by providing meaningful input.
- Maintains and continuously improves professional competence through regular attendance at PDC activities and other professional development opportunities support by the district.
- Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
Education - Bachelor’s degree and a Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education Teaching Certification.
- Proficient in preparing rigorous, interactive, exciting, and informative lesson plans
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Power Point, Desktop Publisher and database management.
- Able to work effectively with colleagues, parents, administrators, etc.
- Superior interpersonal skills to facilitate an excellent educational experience for students in a high energy/stress environment.
- Discretion and confidentiality with an awareness of all District requirements and Board of Education Policies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills needed.
- Must be self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, talk, hear, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, and to lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required included close vision, distance vision, the ability to adjust and focus, and depth perception. Specific hearing abilities required include normal conversation, phone conversation, and isolating voices in multiple conversations.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / CONDITIONS:
Works in a classroom environment a majority of the time and is required to work outdoors for a small portion of the day.
EQUIPMENT / TOOLS/ MATERIALS USED:
Personal computer, copier, fax, 10 key calculator.
REQUIRED PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: None
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Assigned to 190 day work calendar; 36 hours and 40 minutes per week minimum; compensation and benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life) as provided by the Board of Education.
--Be sure to upload your resume, cover letter, transcripts, Missouri Teaching Certificate(s), or a letter verifying your eligibility for certification from an University and 2 letters of recommendation.
--Upon submittal of your application you will receive an e-mail confirming receipt.
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED