Early Childhood Part-Time Teacher
801 Percy Warner Blvd
Nashville, TN 37205
Do you have a passion for the teaching children from infants to 5-year-olds? Are you looking for an afternoon or part-time job? Would you like to be on our Substitute List and control your schedule? If so, come work for the Gordon JCC Early Childhood program. It's one great program with two locations! One program is located on the Gordon JCC campus in the West Meade/Bellevue area. And our newest program located within the West End Synagogue located in the Richland/West End neighborhood and on the West End bus route (3810 West End Ave). We welcome families of all backgrounds, therefore you do not have to be Jewish to work on our team.
Using a Reggio inspired approach, the ECLC provides hands-on learning in art, music, science, literacy and math through a Jewish lens. Be part of a team of educators who support the whole child through a developmentally appropriate curriculum that embraces Jewish life and complements what happens at home.Minimum Qualifications:
- 1+ to 2 years of experience
- Age Groups: All - Infant, Toddler, and Mixed Age (31 months-5 years)
- First Aid Training, CPR Training
- Infant and toddler teachers must have at least a high school diploma. Mixed age group must have a Bachelor's degree, though teachers with substantial, full-time early childhood experience will be considered on a case by case basis.
- DHS background check required. Please note, if you have worked outside of the state of TN for any reason, you will have to complete a supplemental background check form and a document from each state you previously lived.
- Medical physical required
The Gordon JCC has a great reputation of providing quality early childhood education. Using a Reggio inspired approach, the ECLC provides hands-on learning in art, music, science, literacy and math through a Jewish lens. We embrace character-building, joyful and inclusive rituals and celebrations, and a values-based environment through a Jewish lens. We believe creating community means participating with those who are different from us. We welcome families of all backgrounds.
Contact Sharon@nashvillejcc.org for the Gordon JCC Campus
Contact Bobbie@nashvillejcc.org for the West End Campus
Not sure, contact either of us and we will help you find the right classroom for you!