Meeting Street's Early Head Start program is a Federal program that promotes the school readiness of children age birth to three from low income families by enhancing their cognitive, social and emotional environment, and healthy family functioning. Our program begins before birth, ensuring that expecting mothers have access to comprehensive prenatal and postpartum care. In collaboration with families, we develop a plan to help them address and meet their own goals as parents or caregivers.
About this Role:
Our Early Head Start Home Visitors provide weekly services to our families in their natural environment, as well as group socialization classes onsite to create community connections for both parents and children. They evaluate and monitor children under the age of three to identify educational needs, then develops an educational program and provides weekly visits with lessons to achieve quantifiable results in the child's development.
We partner with parents and caregivers to help them address their goals as well, including educational, parent advocacy, and hosting support groups. Through our program, we provide referrals and access to community resources to support our families, as well as advocating and enabling families to receive the rights, procedural safeguards and services authorized under federal, state and local early childhood programs.
Early Head Start employees independently manage a caseload, communicating and scheduling appointments directly with their families, and are responsible for providing their own transportation to and from appointments.
- Knowledge of early childhood development and milestones
- Ability to establish supportive, trusting relationships with young children and caregivers
- Respectful, non-judgemental and nurturing
- Organization and time management
- Bilingual English/Spanish (read, write, speak, translate) required
- Associates Degree or higher in Early Childhood Education, or Bachelors Degree in related field
- 2+ years experience in an early childhood education setting
- Experience working in a home-based setting is preferred
- Valid Driver's License and ability to provide transportation
Meeting Street is a non-profit organization offering a high-coverage, low-cost benefits package to employees working thirty or more hours weekly. Our package includes health, dental and vision insurance, FSA, Paid Time Off, 403b Retirement Plan and more.