|GRADE:||13 | $13.15 - $20.03|
|SUPERVISOR:||HS/EHS Program Manager|
|LOCATION:||15380 K Road Mayetta, KS 66509|
Benefits at a glance for Full-Time:
- Monday-Friday 8:30a-5:00p
- Weekly pay periods (Friday's)
- 18 days of Holiday pay paid Birthday leave!
- Weekly accruals for Vacation & Sick leave
- Administrative, Bereavement, and Educational Leave available
- Low-Cost & Low-Deductible Benefits Plans & Generous 401(k) matching program.
INDIAN PREFERENCE EXERCISED
(Applicants must provide proof of Tribal affiliation to receive Indian preference)
This position assures that through a systematic outreach process, eligible children and families will be enrolled in the Early Head Start Program. In addition, the position assures that through a planned program of experiences, the parental role as the principal influence in the child's development will be supported and enhanced to meet individual differences and needs of each child and family in the program. This is done through a team approach between the families and childcare providers (home and center). Support and assistance will be given to recognize the family strengths and to develop linkages and relationships within the community for any services needed.
- Establishes an on-going Parent and Family Partnership with participants of Early Head Start.
- Assist as needed in the EHS classroom to provide developmentally appropriate activities and implement classroom routines.
- Visit EHS Home-Based families in the home to provide developmentally appropriate activities to children and families.
- Collaborates with the EHS team to ensure Early Head Start Performance Standards are met.
- Utilizes the Family Strengths Assessment to set family goals.
- Provides training, resources and support to parents in the areas of child development.
- Facilitates training sessions to strengthen parenting skills.
- Provides information for optimal prenatal health and preparation for labor and delivery to prenatal mothers.
- Plans, organizes and facilitates group socializations for EHS families twice per month.
- Documents and maintains Early Head Start Program records of home visits, family contacts, referrals, In-Kind, observations, lesson plans, health tracking and other pertinent documentation.
- Facilitates a smooth transition process of children and families from the EHS program into quality Head Start or other preschool or child development programs.
- Collaborates with classroom and management staff on an on-going basis to support teamwork.
- Performs duties related to the goals of the EHS Program.
- Promotes and supports an effective work climate.
- Complies with state, tribal, and federal guidelines as stated by grant awards and approved by Tribal Council.
- Complies with all Civil Rights Laws.
- Attends all training and workshops scheduled to enhance job related skills or meet licensing regulations.
- Works cooperatively within the office, Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation, and other employees, agencies and the general public; as needed
- All other duties as assigned.
To qualify for this position, applicants must at least meet minimum requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- Home-based CDA credential or comparable credential, or equivalent coursework as part of an associate's or bachelor's degree and
- Demonstrated competency to plan and implement home-based learning experiences that ensure effective implementation of the home visiting curriculum and promote children's progress across the standards described in the Head Start Early Learning Outcomes Framework: Ages Birth to Five, including for children with disabilities and dual language learners, as appropriate, and to build respectful, culturally responsive, and trusting relationships with families.
- One to two years of experience in child development, principles of child health, safety and nutrition, adult learning principles and family dynamics.
- Must have a valid Kansas driver's license and be insurable with the Nations insurance within 90 days of hire.
- Must obtain training and be proficient in utilizing the curriculum within one year.
- Must possess the ability to work effectively with sensitivity to young children, families and community on and near the Prairie Band Potawatomi Reservation is essential.
- Must be able to effectively plan, organize and implement educational activities and be non-resistant to change
- Must possess ability to communicate professionally; both orally, over the phone and in writing a service-orientated approach, sometimes in stressful circumstances.
- Must possess professional work ethics, manner and appearance.
- Must be willing to travel on the job, 40% of the time.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation
- Must be available to work M-F 8:30a-5:00p and able to work a flexible schedule to meet the demands of the position, which may include nights, weekends, holiday and overtime.
- Must possess strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines with very little supervision.
- A record of satisfactory attendance and performance in all prior and current employment as evidence by positive employment references from current/previous employers.
- Bachelor's Degree in early childhood development or related field.
- Two to five years of experience in child development, principles of child health, safety and nutrition, adult learning principles and family dynamics.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Able to read, write and speak English
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly team-team oriented environment
- Ability to work in a high-stress environment
- Attend out-of-state/out-of-town training periodically to enhance job performance and knowledge.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have full range of mobility in upper and lower body; be able to reach overhead; be able to work in various positions, including stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time; be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks; and be able to frequently lift up to 50 pounds of weight throughout the assigned workday
POST OFFER CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Background Investigation with adjudication
- Pre-employment Drug Screening
- Tuberculosis (TB) Screening
Note: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. The Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment.0