Position: Early Head Start Teacher Assistant
Salary Grade: 1
Employment Type: Full Year
Hours per Week: 40
Work Days: Monday-Friday
Work Location: Various locations throughout Wayne County
Reporting to: Site Manager
The ideal candidate will support and assist in the planning a program of educational activities that promote the social, emotional, physical and cognitive development of infants and toddlers. Assist in developing individual goals for children, providing on-going assessment on progress, and facilitating transition into Head Start or other educational school settings in partnership with parents.
· Preferred Associate’s Degree in Early Childhood/Child Development; or enrolled in a program leading to an AA or BA degree in Early Childhood/Child Development with 12 credit hours in Early Childhood major currently completed.
· Minimum of a current Child Development Associate (CDA) credential. CDA infant/toddler certification preferred.
· Education or training that includes at minimum 2 courses in early childhood that address the infant-toddler age group.
· Experience working with infants/toddlers and families preferred.
· Ability to support and implement a classroom curriculum that encourages academic, social, emotional and physical development of children birth to 3 years of age.
· Ensure the health and safety of children, families and staff, per agency policies.
· Ensure no child is left unsupervised at any time.
· Ability to work with children with disabilities.
· Ability to establish positive and productive working relationships with parents/caregivers.
· A self-starter with the ability to multi-task and meet various deadlines.
· Ability to work as a positive and productive member of a team.
· Ability to work with and to demonstrate commitment, caring, and respect for children and adults regardless of race, gender, age, and cultural or ethnic background.
· Ability and willingness to continue personal and professional growth and skill development.
· Ability to communicate effectively to individuals and groups both orally and in writing.
· Ability and willingness to make home visits.
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
· Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more.
Various Open locations throughout Wayne County:
· Garden City
To support our company’s mission, here is a snapshot of benefits we offer:
· Employee premium coverage for Medical, Vision, Dental
· 401k Match
· Life Insurance
· Paid Holidays
· Paid Leave Days
· Educational Benefits
· Student Loan Paydown assistance
· Paid Parental Leave
· Fitness Reimbursement
If this position interests you, and you meet the minimum qualifications, please
visit http://www.waynemetro.org/careers to submit an online application, cover letter and resume.
Wayne Metropolitan Community Action Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer