As a four time Best of State award winner, Kids On The Move provides services throughout Utah to children with special needs and their families. Our mission is to support the development of young children through four key programs: Early Intervention, Early Head Start, the KOTM Autism Center, and KOTM Respite Care.
Kids On The Move is seeking a part-time employee to fill in for Early Head Start Classroom Teachers. There is no set schedule and no guarantee of hours for this position, as it is a substitute position. Employees serving as Teaching Assistants may apply for full-time classroom teacher positions as they become available.
- Implement Early Head Start services in the Early Head Start classroom according to the Center Based Policy and Procedures and all Head Start Performance Standards.
- Provide quality, developmentally appropriate, responsive infant/toddler care.
- Communicate on a daily basis with the parents about their child in positive and informative ways.
- Continue Professional Development by attending monthly EHS trainings
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of Head Start Performance Standards as they pertain to Education and Early Childhood Development
- Effective oral and written communication in English
- Working knowledge of computers and professional office software and equipment
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Some experience in an early childhood setting
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Two plus years' experience in an early childhood setting
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish
PHYSICAL CHARACTERISTICS & ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Requires occasional light to moderate lifting and carrying (up to 45 lbs.)
- In emergency situations, may have to carry or lift over 45 lbs.
- Could require simple grasping
- Walking, standing or sitting for long periods of time
- Operate office equipment
- Mobility in an office setting
- Must be able to play actively with children and their parents on the floor
- May encounter some environmental health risks common to family homes, such as pets, secondhand smoke, etc.
- In working with children and families may be exposed to some communicable illnesses.
- Will occasionally need to negotiate stairs and uneven walking surfaces.
- Must be able to work closely with others
- Must be able to see and hear with or without an aid
- May be necessary to work long or irregular hours
- Must have the ability to understand verbal and written instructions in English
Kids On The Move is an at-will employer and is committed to equal employment opportunity and employs individuals without regard to any legally recognized protected class including, but not limited to: veteran status, uniform service member status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age and physical or mental disability or any other protected class under federal, state or local law.
KOTM will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities when it is necessary for the performance of the essential functions of a job. Should you need assistance in completing the application or at any other stage of the hiring process, or during employment, please notify us immediately. Your request and/or need for an accommodation will be kept confidential and only shared with individuals with a business need to know of the request.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.0