Meeting Street's Massachusetts Early Intervention Program provides individualized support and resources to eligible infants, toddlers and their families to enhance their development and learning. We work with children aged birth to three years old with developmental disabilities or delays in Southeastern Massachusetts, throughout the Greater New Bedford Region.
We work with families and caregivers in their natural environment, assessing their needs, strengths and challenges. In collaboration with the families, we develop a comprehensive plan to help them meet their goals, and assist them in getting there. Our goal is to ensure that children are provided with every opportunity to develop to their fullest potential through childhood and as they continue throughout their lifetime.
About this Role:
Our Developmental Specialists provide support to infants and toddlers who are at risk of developmental delay by providing developmental screening, assessment and evaluation to determine their eligibility for Early Intervention services. They work with the family to interpret and understand their child's functional capabilities in a sensitive and compassionate way, then develop and implement a treatment plan to help them meet their goals.
Early Intervention employees independently manage a caseload, communicating and scheduling appointments directly with their families, and are responsible for providing their own transportation to and from appointments.
- Active listening
- Time management
- Oral and written communication
- Flexible and adaptable
- Respectful and non-judgmental
- Fully Bilingual (read, write, speak, translate) in both English and Spanish languages required
- Bachelor of Arts in Child Development, Early Intervention, Early Childhood Education or Early Childhood Special Education, OR Bachelors Degree from an accredited university with 12+ credits of coursework in early childhood and/or family studies AND 300+ hours of practicum or work experience with young children under the age of 5
- 1+ year of experience working with infants, toddlers and families
- Experience in home visiting and/or case management is preferred
- Valid Driver's License and ability to provide transportation
Meeting Street is a non-profit organization offering a high-coverage, low-cost benefits package to employees working thirty or more hours weekly. Our package includes health, dental and vision insurance, FSA, Paid Time Off, 403b Retirement Plan and more.