Instructional/Early Literacy Coach/Consultant
Education and Learning
Genesee Intermediate School District-website
Early Literacy Coach/Consultant, Education and Learning
Job Summary: The Early Literacy Coach/Consultant will provide regional leadership in all areas of K-3 literacy, interventions, consultation and program planning.
Three (3) full-time positions, average of 37.5 hours per week.
Program Facilitator. Commensurate with education and experience.
Education:Master’s degree or equivalent required. Reading Specialist Certification preferred.Experience:
A minimum of five years’ successful teaching experience in Grades K-3. Preferred experience teaching at-risk students in the area of reading. Familiarity and success with utilizing formative, screening, and diagnostic assessments with students to determine appropriate reading instruction. Equivalent amount of training focused on research-based practices if Reading Specialist Certification is not met.Benefits:
Eligible for health insurance and life insurance after one full day of employment; dental, vision and disability insurance after 90 working days. Employees shall be subject to the co-payment of health care costs in accordance with state law.
Apply:Internal applications accepted through August 15, 2019.
External applicationsaccepted until the position is filled and considered in the order in which they are received.
Current GISD employees who wish to apply for the vacancy should apply online using the job postings link accessible from the home page of the GISD website. Under the job postings category, select the link titled Current Genesee ISD Employees - click here for vacancies, located under the "Internal Staff" heading.
- All candidates should complete the online applicationand upload a resume on the GISD Website Job Postings Page by selecting the job postings link.
- If you have access to a scanner, upload a copy of the required educational documentation.
- Transcripts printed from the Internet are not acceptable.
- If you do not have access to a scanner, plan to bring this documentation if you are selected to interview.
- Please do not send paper documentation to Human Resources.
An Equal Opportunity Employer