Collaborate with Innovative 3Mers Around the World
Choosing where to start and grow your career has a major impact on your professional and personal life, so it’s equally important you know that the company that you choose to work at, and its leaders, will support and guide you. With a diversity of people, global locations, technologies and products, 3M is a place where you can collaborate with 93,000 other curious, creative 3Mers.
“3M’s culture is driven by curious, spirited and collaborative people who are constantly asking ‘What if?’ And the many talents of 3Mers around the globe have me incredibly excited about what’s to come next.” – Kristen Ludgate, senior vice president of Human Resources at 3M
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
The Impact You'll Make in this Role
As a Field Service Specialist, you will have the opportunity to tap into your curiosity and collaborate with some of the most innovative and diverse people around the world. Here, you will make an impact by the following:
- Implement and administer 3M/Scott Fire & Safety service policy with authorized service centers and in-house repair centers at the zone level. Monitor end user satisfaction with existing service support.
- Evaluate existing authorized service center activities and territories through performance reviews recommending additional service and/or termination of authorized service centers not adhering to 3M/Scott Fire & Safety policy.
- Provide technical assistance and improve the overall professionalism of authorized service centers, in-house repair centers, and end users by conducting service road shows, improved overhaul, field level training programs, and sales training programs as required.
- Responsible for assisting in the overall success of both 3M/Scott Fire & Safety and Zone sales goals assisting SCBA & Fire Specialists and Regional Business Managers with sales presentations where required, as well as regularly promoting accessory, spare parts sales, and service equipment lease programs with the Zone.
- Attend and support trade shows, exhibits, and demonstrations as required. Assist the Regional Business Manager as required developing the technical expertise and support of the SCBA & Fire Specialists where necessary.
This position requires driving a company vehicle, which will require pre-employment and ongoing review of motor vehicle history for candidates who are offered and hired for this position.
Your Skills and Expertise
To set you up for success in this role from day one, 3M is looking for candidates who must have the following qualifications:
- Associate’s Degree or higher (completed and verified prior to start) in Mechanical or Electrical Technology, or Business Administration
- Five (5) years Sales and/or Maintenance experience in Respiratory, Safety, and/or Fire service equipment in a private, public, government, or military environment.
- Current and valid driver’s license is required, as you will be issued a company fleet vehicle for this role.
Additional qualifications that could help you succeed even further in this role include:
- Strong interpersonal, communication, time management, and planning skills. Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, with a “can-do" professional attitude and appearance.
- Proficient with Microsoft family of software.
- Strong Instructional and presentation skills
Location: Ideal candidate will reside in MD, NJ, PA, DE or New York – preferably south of Albany
Travel: Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time
Relocation Assistance: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Resources for You
For more details on what happens before, during and after the interview process, check out the Insights for Candidates page at 3M.com/careers.
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status.
Please note: your application may not be considered if you do not provide your education and work history, either by: 1) uploading a resume, or 2) entering the information into the application fields directly.
Please access the linked document by clicking here, select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.