EvergreenHealth is seeking an experienced financial and managed care analyst to join the well- established and dynamic Eastside Health Network.
The financial and managed care analyst is responsible for assisting with the data and analytical aspects of contracts and financial management.
This analyst provides evaluation of managed care contracts and general financial analytical work utilizing SQL, Tableau, Excel and/or other analytical tools and supports the Eastside Health Network’s operational and financial reporting needs, including general analysis, budgeting, monthly performance reporting, and distribution of flow of funds to EHN participating practices.
The financial and managed care analyst monitors contract performance and other key contract statistics for periodic reporting, completes ad hoc analysis to support business needs, and assists in the development of specific contracting strategies.
1. Manages Eastside Health Network (EHN) financial activities related to flow of funds, settlements and practice distributions.
2. Responsible for monthly EHN financial and performance reporting related to budgeting, banking and other routine activities.
3. Understands and interprets contract terms, reimbursement schedules, patient accounting system(s) and other sources of data to complete analyses and financial projections.
4. Develops and maintains databases and spreadsheets.
5. Develops and completes specialized statistical and financial analysis reports on payer volumes, payments, contractuals, administrative fees, etc.
6. Performs other duties as assigned
1. Proficiency in reading, writing, comprehending and speaking English as required for business necessity.
2. Accountability for HIPAA privacy and security standards within the department or assigned nursing unit.
3. Must possess basic skills to use Microsoft Office, specialized software and electronic office equipment.
4. Codes and maintains all contract rates in Alliance Decision Support and if applicable the patient accounting system.
5. Tests and verifies that all contract terms are calculating appropriately for accurate reporting of expected payment and associated variances.
6. Builds complex scenario models to evaluate the impact of proposed contract rates.
7. Summarizes impact of proposals and reviews detailed analysis if necessary.
8. Participates in the development of contract negotiation strategy including various reference reports, benchmarking parameters, etc.
9. Prepares summary narrative reports, graphs, tables, charts and illustrations.
10. Assists with implementation of new contracts and reporting.
11. Assists in data collection for the completion of necessary payer credentialing applications for EvergreenHealth.
12. Must utilize the Alliance Decision Support (ADS) system.
13. Requires independent thinking and creativity in scenario development of contract terms with a high-degree of accuracy.
14. Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks with high-quality work in a fast-paced environment.
15. Ability to synthesize large amounts of data, incorporate complex strategies and objectives and communicate outcomes clearly.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
? Bachelor’s degree in finance, business or health administration
? Strong quantitative and analytic skills and ability to drill-down to most relevant findings and communicate data driven insights.
? Proven experience in financial/business analysis
? Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with advanced Excel skills including Excel template building.
? Experience working with large data sets.
? Ability to work with tight deadlines on competing priorities.
DESIRED for the position:
? 2 years of experience with health care, financial analysis and/or managed care contracts
? Experience with health insurance operations and payment methodologies
? Experience with patient accounting and claims billing and associated codes
? Basic understanding of relational databases
? Experience with complex business modeling
? Attention to detail and accuracy
? Solution orientated and willingness to propose new approaches and ideas
? Statistical and trend reporting skills