- We’re ethical -- we play by the rules and act with integrity.
- We’re passionate -- we care deeply about what we do. We set high expectations and we perform.
- We’re accountable -- we seek responsibility and take ownership. We do what we say.
- We’re efficient -- we value speed and simplicity.
- We’re transparent -- we say what we think. We make it okay to disagree.
- We learn – we are curious, adaptable, and willing to teach what we know.
- Each individual’s development experience is customized to help participants reach their potential; no two participants will have the same experience or set of responsibilities.
- Participants receive cross-functional exposure. They have opportunities to build their skills and try on different roles early in their career, ultimately maximizing their potential for consideration for a variety of future roles.
- By keeping our programs small and selective, we are able to make hiring decisions based on each candidate’s unique skill set and high potential.
- The opportunity to learn from senior leaders is a part of the fabric of every experience.
- Actively enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program in engineering with a major in mechanical, electrical, industrial, industrial & systems, aerospace or aeronautical engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum overall cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher (please do not round)
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship
- Geographical flexibility to relocate within the United States for the duration of the Co-op Program
- Completion of sophomore year by the start of the co-op
- Prior internship or co-op experience
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience within campus and/or the community
- Ability to speak a second language
- Transportation to and from the worksite and for incidental business travel is the responsibility of the co-op; however, expenses for required and approved business travel (not including the worksite) will be reimbursed.
- This role may include travel (up to 25%) within a local region as determined by the Co-op assignment manager.
- The co-op culminates with a formal presentation where students showcase their success stories to leaders of the organization and receive feedback on their performance.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com.At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Electrical Sector
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Eaton’s Fall Co-Op Program is for students pursuing a degree in electrical, mechanical, industrial, or industrial & systems, aerospace or aeronautical engineering. The objective of the programs is to develop students in the engineering and engineering operations functions through a practical experience, as well as assist in the personal development of leadership attributes through training, networking and coaching. The assignment will help the participant develop a wide range of leadership and functional responsibilities within the field of engineering and operations. Assignments are available for those students in specific engineering areas such as operations, design, lean, manufacturing, operational excellence, marketing, quality, and supply chain. Wherever your career aspirations lie, you can cultivate your skills in the Co-Op Program!