ECHO TECH - PEDIATRICS AND FETAL
Type of Opportunity: Full Time
Work Schedule: Days
*$7,500 Sign-on and relocation available
As a Echo Tech, you give your all in the non-invasive Cardiovascular Lab.
You are organized and precise.
You stay cool in high pressure situations.
You are team oriented and have a strong work ethic.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater.
An esteemed hospital in enchanting New Mexico, is looking for a Pediatric and Fetal Echocardiographer to join our Cardiovascular team! The ideal candidate will have Pediatric and Fetal experience, ideally in all modalities. Responsible for obtaining transthoracic echocardiograms including real time, pulsed Doppler, continuous wave Doppler, color Doppler in the pediatric population. Compiles data required by the pediatric cardiologist on all studies.
- Performs all types of pediatric, neonatal, fetal and adult congenital echocardiograms referred by physicians, including calculations.
- Initiation and completion of reports in the PACS computer system.
- Accurately charges for all exams performed in the EPIC EHR system.
- Assumes other responsibilities and duties that relate to patient care as required.
- Maintains and documents communications with physician and nursing units regarding test results
- Available for call on a monthly rotational basis.
- Function as a team member to organize and prioritize responsibilities to complete daily work requirements
- Maintaining performance improvement documentation in cardiac ultrasound in accordance with IAC (Intersocietal Accreditation Commission).
- Attends section staff meetings and/or pertinent inservices, workshops, and seminars.
- Participates in and endorses the established PHS Policies and Procedures and guest relations programs.
- Performs other functions as required.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Certification in RDCS or CCI.
- Must hold and maintain current New Mexico State Licensure under the New Mexico Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy Program.
Experience: Two years of pediatric cardiac ultrasound experience required.
Skills: Requires detailed knowledge of cardiac anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology and principles of ultrasound.
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.