As Adult Echo Tech, you give your all in the non-invasive Cardiovascular Lab.
You are organized and precise.
You stay cool in high pressure situations.
You are team oriented and have a strong work ethic.
You’re great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater.
Our Cardiovascular Lab team is looking for Echo Techs to performs adult Echo/Doppler studies. Our ideal canidate willl have detailed knowledge of cardiac anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology and principles of ultrasound. Performs 2-D echocardiography complete studies (2D, M-mode, color flow Doppler and spectral Doppler) in the adult patient population, both inpatient and outpatient setting This position also assists the cardiologist in transesophageal echo (TEE) and Stress echo.
Type of Opportunity: Full Time
Work Schedule: 10 Hour Days
*$7,500 Sign-on and relocation available
- Performs all types of Echo/Doppler studies on patients referred by physicians, including calculations.
- Initiation and completion of reports in the PACS computer system.
- Accurately charges for all exams performed in the EPIC EHR system.
- Assumes other responsibilities and duties that relate to patient care as required.
- Maintains and documents communications with physician and nursing units regarding test results.
- Available for call on a monthly rotational basis.
- Function as a team member to organize and prioritize responsibilities to complete daily work requirements
- Maintaining performance improvement documentation in cardiac ultrasound in accordance with IAC (Intersocietal Accreditation Commission).
- Attends section staff meetings and/or pertinent inservices, workshops, and seminars.
- Assists with section clerical duties including initiation and completion of reports and charges.
- Participates in and endorses the established PHS Policies and Procedures and guest relations programs.
- Performs other functions as required.
Essential: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Two to three years of cardiac ultrasound experience required.
Certification in RDCS or CCI
Reg Diag. Cardiac Sonographer preferred
Registered Cardiac Sonographer preferred
Current New Mexico State Licensure under the New Mexico Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy Program.
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
- Competitive salaries
- Full medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Free wellness programs
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
- Continuing education and career development opportunities
- Life insurance and short/long term disability programs
Presbyterian Healthcare Services is a locally owned, not-for-profit healthcare system of nine hospitals, a statewide health plan and a growing multi-specialty medical group. Founded in New Mexico in 1908, it is the state's largest private employer with approximately 11,000 employees.
Presbyterian's story is really the story of the remarkable people who have chosen to work here. Starting with Reverend Cooper who began our journey in 1908, the hard work of thousands of physicians, employees, board members, and other volunteers brought Presbyterian from a tiny tuberculosis sanatorium to a statewide healthcare system, serving more than 700,000 New Mexicans.
We are part of New Mexico's history - and committed to its future. That is why we will continue to work just as hard and care just as deeply to serve New Mexico for years to come.
About New Mexico
New Mexico's unique blend of Spanish, Mexican and Native American influences contribute to a culturally rich lifestyle. Add in Albuquerque's International Balloon Fiesta, Los Alamos' nuclear scientists, Roswell's visitors from outer space, and Santa Fe's artists, and you get an eclectic mix of people, places and experiences that make this state great.
Cities in New Mexico are continually ranked among the nation's best places to work and live by Forbes magazine, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, and other corporate and government relocation managers like Worldwide ERC.
New Mexico offers endless recreational opportunities to explore, and enjoy an active lifestyle. Venture off the beaten path, challenge your body in the elements, or open yourself up to the expansive sky. From hiking, golfing and biking to skiing, snowboarding and boating, it's all available among our beautiful wonders of the west.
AA/EOE/VET/DISABLED. PHS is a drug-free and tobacco-free employer with smoke free campuses.