Organization: Adventist Health White Memorial
Primary Location: United States-California-Los Angeles
Job Posting: Oct 13, 2020, 11:58:58 PM
Shift: Day Shift
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Echocardiographic Technician who:
Performs ultrasound technical duties for imaging heart muscle and functions. Creates images of the heart, cardiac chambers, valves and vessels for the purpose of assessing heart functions and diagnoses. Collaborates closely with cardiologists, performing the technical aspects of examinations, evaluating findings and reporting them to cardiologists.
- Sets up ultrasound equipment, attaches electrodes to patient chest and equipment and documents cardiac data and measurements. Prepares patients by positioning, spreading gels, attaching electrodes to chest and equipment, verifying wave signals and recording images.
- Interviews patients and reviews medical records to adapt sonographic techniques. Provides patient care, which includes preparing patients for sonographic imaging and providing instructions. Performs echocardiography on treadmill patients to assess heart functions.
- Maintains equipment and inventories, restocks supplies, reviews patient schedules, sets up recording equipment and enters patient information into appropriate systems.
- Maintains job knowledge up to date by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations. Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent (some certifications will require Bachelor's): Preferred
- Currently certified, or eligible to be certified, with a Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) certification from American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) or Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI): Required
- Echocardiography (ECG) certification: Preferred
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Required