The Echosonographer is an allied health professional with demonstrated competency in all required non-invasive cardiology modalities such as echosonography, stress testing, electrocardiography and outpatient monitoring devices.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Ability to work as a dependable informed and engaged member of the department team.
- Ability to demonstrate the skill set necessary to perform procedures involving echosonography and electrocardiography technology.
- Ability to collaborate with the patient care team to efficiently performs procedures in a timely manner.
- Ability to safely and effectively perform diagnostic testing.
- Ability to meaningfully participate and contribute to the success of QA and PI projects.
- Ability to do report processing, billing and coordination with other departments.
- Three (3) year experience in performing non-invasive cardiac testing preferred
- Knowledge of information systems preferred
- Evidence of two (2) years if education/training in non-invasive cardiology, preferred
- Certification with ARDMS or equivalent, preferred
- American Heart Association BLS Certification required