About the opportunity
Do you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in environmental consulting services for your clients? SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work.Our Honolulu office is seeking an on-call Ecologist/aquatic biologist to conduct wildlife and botany related fieldwork in the Hawaiian Islands. This is a temporary, on-call, hourly position.
What you will accomplish
Conduct field surveys, plan and execute field logistics. Perform systematic surveys to search for rare plants, wildlife and delineate habitats. Accurately and completely record data on field forms, tablets, or in other required formats. Photograph and document field site conditions, habitats, species and landforms. Use topographic maps, aerial photographs, GPS units, to navigate to and from project areas. Conduct trainings of ecological data collection and specimen identification.
Experience and qualifications for success
- Completed B.A. or B.S. in Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, or a related field;
- Must have experience with the identification of common and rare endemic flora and fauna in Hawaii.
- Knowledge of Hawaii ecology;
- Ability to travel to a location, walk and conduct fieldwork, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, is required
- Previous experience working in Hawaiian ecosystems while following safety protocol a must.
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email email@example.com or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.