The essence of the eCommerce Solution Architect role is the conversion of business requirements into an architecture and design that will become the blueprint for the solution being created to solve an identified business problem. The conversion is based upon the requirements and objectives of the business and guided by the strategies, design patterns, and best practices established by the Enterprise Architecture group. The Solution Architect defines the end-to-end architecture and ensures the detailed design and development remains consistent with the overall architecture of the project.
- Solution Planning
- Assesses all project information to understand the scope, the current IT and business environment, objectives and priorities.
- Defines and documents the proposed, high-level solution, including the use of Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) packages to create E-Business solutions.
- Analyzes technical risks and advises on risk mitigation strategies.
- Identifies teams needed based on the proposed solution.
- Creates the Conceptual Solution Architecture document.
- Works with the Project Manager and Business Analyst to develop a high-level project schedule, resource plan for the project, and project costs.
- Solution Delivery
- Responsible for the technical content (architecture and design), integrity and quality of solution.
- Accountable for the delivery of the solution as specified (by requirements and architecture).
- Identifies new technologies and development tools as required.
- Analyzes available assets (frameworks, reference architectures, etc.) to bridge the gap between the as-is architecture and the to-be architecture.
- Works with the Business Analyst to define use cases, including alternate flows as needed.
- Defines system/technical use cases and requirements.
- Evaluates non-functional requirements for testability and technical acceptance criteria.
- Addresses compliance requirements such as Payment Card Industry (PCI), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), Personally Identifiable Information (PII), and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX).
- Creates high-level models that guide solution architecture, including component, context, data-flow security, data, services, infrastructure, deployment and integration viewpoints.
- Refines those high-level models based on ever-changing requirements.
- 15+ years’ professional Information Technology experience.
- 7+ years’ hands-on architecture with broad COTS package integration experience.
- Knowledge of IT Application architecture, Design methodologies across multiple platforms.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (facilitation, negotiation, conflict resolution) at all levels.
- Ability to translate technical ideas/designs to business language.
- Commitment to quality.
- Thorough understanding of and experience with multiple SDLC methods.
- Has built good relationships with stakeholders and teams.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation, and coordination skills.
- Proven experience working in an E-Commerce environment, including web sites, order management and fulfillment processes.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Team player. Proven ability to work effectively within a large organization that operates using a matrix organization.
- Ability to communicate trade-offs and transactional states with technical and business teams.
- Ability to make architecture changes in a dynamic agile environment.
FTE with Fortune 100 company. 150K+++ Pls apply for quick hire