Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and maintain ongoing reports, analysis and forecasting for our retail channels using but not limited to Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Power BI and TSQL against our OLTP and OLAP data stores
- Provide accurate, data driven actionable insights on customer and industry behaviors
- Fulfill ad-hoc requests from internal departments with timely and accurate data
- Support of the goals of the Product Management division
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Prototyping the development of databases, data collection systems, data analytics, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Design and build comprehensive reports/dashboards and other tools to assist the company in making informed business decisions
- Ability to work closely with stakeholders to discover the business needs/wants and align data presentation to satisfy those needs
- Ability to clearly articulate in user story form requirements for other engineers to work on
- Support the enterprise data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting/dashboard requirements
- Train end users on new reports, dashboards and other data presentation technologies
- Research opportunities for data acquisition and new uses for existing data
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
Educational and Experience Requirements
A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Database Administration or a related field and 5+ years of exemplary development experience is desired for this position. Expert knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within Microsoft SQL server is necessary. Strong working knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) methodologies and strategies around RFM data is desired. Knowledge of motorcycle parts and accessories is preferred. Requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written; competent organizational skills; and effective interpersonal skills. Previous experience in a retail and/or eCommerce environment is preferred. Additional requirements include:
Other Special Requirements
- Ability to work in both a collaborative (team) environment as well as perform independent work is required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and operational tasks simultaneously
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Ability to evaluate and identify new technologies to help move the business forward.
- Highly developed verbal and written communications and great customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The team member frequently is required to walk and occasionally required to stand. The team member must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position works in a traditional office environment with a noise level that is usually quiet.