Patterson Dental is seeking an E commerce Merchandising Analyst II to lead their team creating and managing product data across a broad array of dental merchandising products, for Patterson’s e-commerce platform and printed promotions. As a database team member, the Ecommerce Merchandising Analyst II will be responsible for: leading their team through creation of search optimized content and assets for e-commerce platform, full management of projects/areas of expertise, researching product lines and building product taxonomies as well as attribute schemas, improving internal and external search of product content, leading data normalization projects, product research and reporting, developing and implementing process optimization.
The ideal candidate will help to extend the Patterson brand of Partnership, Innovation and Integrity as a leader in the dental space to sustain and grow the Patterson business. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and agile person looking to grow and learn!
- Develop and refine content for complex product lines.
- Research, analyze and update product specification data for tens of thousands of items.
- Create search engine optimized (SEO) copy for products and taxonomies, as well as, review team members' work and provide improvement direction.
- Provide reports for all levels of the department on status of product enrichment, missing content and sales reporting.
- Analyze and advance industry trends in product classification, faceted search, and user experience for product pages on e-commerce platform.
- In collaboration with product team, analyze sales data and report on category improvements.
- Use advanced knowledge of Excel, Access, SQL data queries to analyze and combine data from multiple data systems.
- Lead team members to export and analyze content for inconsistency/errors, correct data and import changes into database.
- Develop process improvements, then create/update process documentation.
- Make independent decisions that affect the function and performance for company-wide shared database system, as well as troubleshoot issues that arise.
- Lead complex projects while collaborating with management on key functional areas.
- Lead and manage printed promotion data while verifying accuracy of product display and data.
- Build and manage project timelines while owning and managing personal and project workloads.
- Work on Oracle Content Management system (Stibo).
- Other ecommerce merchandising analyst II duties as assigned.
- College level degree and/or technical school training.
- At least 2-4 years of proven database experience.
- Advanced skill-set in Excel, Access and other data applications involving techniques in handling large, complex data.
- Advanced knowledge of analyzing marketing assets to effectively merchandise products on an e-commerce platform.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, including senior management.
- Possess leadership skills, business judgment, project management skills and influential people skills.
- Must be willing to take risks and suggest new and innovative alternatives.
- Skilled at juggling a number of activities and projects simultaneously and set appropriate priorities for self.
- Top-notch analytical and problem solving skills.
- Keen editorial skills and attention to detail.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make the complex succinct and simple; clarity of thought is extremely valued.
- Solid understanding of accurate writing for utilization in development of search engine optimized copy for web-based environments.
Preferred Ecommerce Merchandising Analyst Experience:
- Experience with dental products is strongly preferred.
- Experience with B2B and/or healthcare experience a plus.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.