Foxtrot is the digitally native evolution of the corner store – a one-stop shop for those seeking thoughtful curation that’s a reflection of themselves and their city – offering a curated collection of daily essentials in-store and delivered in under an hour via our app and website.
Venture-backed by investors including Fifth Wall, Lerer Hippeau, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest, and Collaborative, to name a few, Foxtrot is building a truly omnichannel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our spaces offer all the most-loved aspects of neighborhood cafes – beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of freshly brewed coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day – while bringing together mindful people, brands and goods to create a community of discovery and joy.
Our e-commerce experience – highlighted by our swift app and online store – is powered by our proprietary inventory and operational technology to deliver a new kind of convenience that brings the store to your door in under an hour.
Since launching our native app in 2013, we now operate a robust e-commerce business and have opened nine retail stores in Chicago and Dallas, and are rapidly scaling to take this first-of-its-kind omnichannel brand nationwide.
About the Role
The eCommerce Site Merchandiser for Foxtrotco.com helps drive the planning and execution of Foxtrot’s online and app merchandising strategy. This role is responsible for online merchandising to drive sales, click through rate and conversion. This position is accountable for the planning, strategy and execution of creative on the site and works with the design, buying, planning, marketing, copywriting, photography, taxonomy and UX teams to create and execute the merchandising plan.
- Owns the functional productivity of ecommerce, reporting on site productivity and surfacing of business opportunities. Create, manage and optimize product arrays; report on site performance; launch new features; liaison with tech/marketing/creative on execution of new feature launches
- Onboard ecommerce items; manage photography, copy and SEO optimization of all items; work in partnership with marketing and creative on website components; Insure content is ready to go live
- Optimize online merchandising to grow sales and maximize margin and inventory for all categories of business.
- Partner with merchants to translate product strategy into the online experience, including category pages, landing pages and navigation for the assigned categories
- Enters product content into the E-commerce Platform
- On-board products with images, copy, category hierarchy and attribution
- Partner with digital marketing and creative teams on campaigns and strategies, including email, paid search, SEO, and segmentation
- Partner with e-commerce operations to initiate site enhancements
- Review web analytics data to determine opportunities to create product sales distortions via improved placement, product copy, pricing, etc.
- Provide input on and upload and edit content as needed for site (promotions, web exclusive features, etc.)
- Read and react to weekly selling
- Recommend ideas to increase sales using data and competitive research
- Search competitor websites for best practices and trends
- Execute daily quality assurance for every new product deployed, all product changes, and all offers or promotional launches
- Bachelors degree or equivalent business experience
- Minimum of 2-3 year experience in site merchandising or equivalent ecommerce position
- Experience managing content and product for high traffic websites
- Ability to use Google Analytics
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office programs)
- Flexible and nimble with the ability to quickly alter course when necessary
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to foster inter-departmental and cross-functional relationships
- Demonstrated analytical and retail math skills and working knowledge of retailing business levers that drive revenue and profit in online channels
- Keen eye for competitive trends
- Excited to dive deep into data and use client feedback to drive assortment decisions
- EXTREMELY detail-oriented and organized
- Excel in a fast paced environment where change is the norm