Schedule: Full TimeAlbuquerque, NM
Why Moss Adams?
Moss Adams brings more West to business. At Moss Adams, we’re excited by the greatness of possibility and the extraordinary potential for companies and individuals to prosper. We provide the world’s most innovative companies with specialized accounting, consulting, and wealth management services to help them embrace emerging opportunity.
Introduction to the team
Our Economics Consulting practice provides analyses of complex economic support, litigation support, expert witness testimony, independent advice, investigations, regulatory and dispute consulting, and data analytics to corporations, financial intuitions, government agencies, major law firms and regulatory agencies. We bring academic rigor, objectivity, and real-world industry experience to bear on issues arising from competition, regulation, public policy, strategy, finance, and litigation.
Individuals who thrive at Moss Adams exhibit the following success skills – Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Emotional Intelligence, Executive Presence, Growth Mindset, Intellectual Curiosity, and Results Focus.
- Participate and lead in business development activities
- Provide leadership, management and supervision over professional staff
- Involvement in execution and oversight of qualitative and quantitative work
- Develop economic and financial models to answer critical business questions
- Experience in articulating alternative policy solutions relating to government and private sector business issues
- Provide critical insight and expert testimony in legal and regulatory proceedings
- Provide client-facing services, including entrepreneurial development of new and expanding client consulting opportunities
- Create robust analytical models to tackle complex client issues to help minimize risk, quantify liability, damage exposure, negotiate contracts, and support investment and pricing strategies
- Collaborate with attorneys to design sampling techniques to develop statistically reliable results for pre-class certification phases, class decertification phases and large multidistrict litigation cases
- Master’s Degree required, PhD in Economics preferred, with emphasis on applied quantitative methods
- 5-10+ years of post-academic work experience in economic consulting, preferably related to natural resources development, financial transaction analyses, and tax policy issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated capability to implement sophisticated analyses and effectively express results obtained to lay audiences (e.g., government regulators, attorneys, judges, corporate managers, etc.)
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter and have experience in managing multiple client engagements
- Willingness to accept leadership responsibility for the timely development, completion and delivery of professional services (including day-to-day management of consulting activities)
- Significant applied data analytics skills, including manipulation and analysis of large data bases and use of diverse analytical data tools (e.g., SAS, R, Stata Python, ArcGIS, SQL, IMPLAN, etc.)
- Extensive forecasting, analyses, and data modeling skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with applied regional economic modeling, including input-output tools
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
- Previous experience handling multiple engagements simultaneously, while providing leadership and management over professional staff required
- Demonstrate success to the firm around practice development, providing thought leadership and meeting target sales goals by having an established network and participating in various market facing activities, such as industry presentations, webcasts, professional networking events, etc.
- Demonstrated history of providing expert testimony
Here, you’ll be challenged and rewarded for leadership, technical excellence, and inspired perspectives. That’s why we offer opportunities to build your skills and explore your career in a supportive environment. At Moss Adams, where you take your career is up to you.
Moss Adams is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.