- Requisition ID
- Employee Type
- Full Time-Regular
- Risk Management / Insurance
The Economist II is responsible for assisting in the data collection, design, development, deployment and maintenance of data driven econometric models applied to the lease business and the used vehicle market. The Economist II plays a key role in the production of research and analysis to quantify the impact of economic, legal and auto industry factors on the portfolio performance and asset values. This research support strategic planning, as well as the specific needs of Pricing, Asset Remarketing, Accounting, Investor Relations, Structured Finance, Dealer Services and Credit Risk Management. This position will assist the Economics team in modeling efforts through an in depth knowledge of econometrics, diligent knowledge of economic and market data, and providing insightful interpretation through outside of the box analysis. To improve ad-hoc executive decisions, the Economist II applies advanced analytical skills and processes through data analysis, model development and strategy testing. This position is also responsible for summarizing, reporting and providing a polished presentation on findings to a variety of internal clients as well as interacting with other departments in the interest of achieving the overall company objectives.
- Develop econometric models and perform statistical analysis in order to solve business problems. Monitor and validate model performance and update models as needed.
- Research new methods of analyzing large and highly complicated data sets. Combine traditional econometric tools with cutting edge machine learning techniques. Apply these techniques to analyze the impact of used vehicle price trends on the lease portfolio.
- Subject matter expert for the Economics team on in-house data. Maintain expert level knowledge of economic series and databases
- In conducting ad-hoc research projects, incorporate project design, data collection and analysis, summarizing findings, developing recommendations and effectively communicating to leadership the impact to the business
- Apply economic principles, knowledge of third party data sources, and creative econometric expertise in developing new models to new business areas.
- Provide modeling and econometric to ensure that the delivered products meet the business needs of the company.
- Partner with and provide recommendations to business leadership on the appropriate application of econometric analysis, market data and predictive analytics to business strategies and effectively communicate risk analysis and implications to senior leadership.
- Auto finance related quantitative risk modeling. Advanced knowledge of applied methodologies including least squares regression, logistic regression, sampling methodologies, time series, survival analysis, cluster analysis, categorical data analysis, decisions trees, multivariate methodologies, non-parametric techniques, principal components, linear programming techniques
- Statistical learning techniques including decision trees, bagging, boosting and support vector machines.
- Ability to identify and understand business issues and map these issues into quantitative questions
- Must have experience analyzing, merging and summarizing large datasets from different sources
- Ability to design and implement model documentation and monitoring protocols
- Demonstrated understanding and experience with technical systems, rational datasets, data warehouses, and data analysis techniques
- Proficient in MS Office: Word, PowerPoint and Excel (including pivot tables and macros)
- Advanced skills in SAS, R or similar programming package
- Proven knowledge of SQL or similar database programming language
- Ability to interact collaboratively with internal customers and external vendors
- Effective written and verbal presentation skills with an ability to communicate well with Senior Management
- Capable of managing multiple and varied projects, including the ability to coordinate and balance numerous tasks in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure
- Master's Degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Operations Research or similar quantitative field required
- 2-3 years auto finance experience (leasing and residual value forecasting) preferred
- 3-5 years programming experience - SAS preferred
- 5-7 years experience presenting highly complex analysis required
- Normal office environment