$2,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!*
*Current MaineHealth employees not eligible for the sign on bonus. Must be separated from MaineHealth system for 3 months to be eligible
Spring Harbor Academy is a private, special-purpose school located at the hospital for children in the Developmental Disorders Program. Each student receives developmentally appropriate educational programming that follows an individualized education plan. The educational needs for each participant are assessed on a continuing basis, and coordination is conducted to ensure the successful transition back to the child’s home school.
To learn more about our Developmental Disorders Program, click here:
MaineHealth offers a generous benefit package to all eligible team members, including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, employer 403b contributions, and shift differentials. MaineHealth also offers educational reimbursement to encourage continued growth!
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent preferred. Post high school study in educationally related field preferred.
- License/Certifications: Certification as an Educational Technician III from the Maine Department of Education (minimum of 90 credits in approved study). Certification as School-Based Behavioral Health Professional preferred (may be provided upon hire).
- Experience: 2+ years of experience working with children or youth with developmental disorders, mental health disorders, and/or behavior problems in school, hospital, or residential setting.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide education and care to students through the formative years (ages 5 – 20) with consideration of variable cognitive abilities, human development stages, and cultural patterns.
- Willing and able to learn and appropriately apply physical restraint for the purpose of maintaining the safety of students and others.