Site: FL - Apopka
Business Title: EDA Applications Engineer
Shift: Normal Day
This position will establish best known practices across Qorvo for EM simulation with the Ansys HFSS 3D and 3DLayout tools. The candidate will resolve Ansys simulation errors and successively establish best known practices across all of Qorvo’s technologies. The candidate will need the skills and acumen to collaborate with technology development, modeling and AD teams, to create, maintain, and improve EM models for switches, BAWs, SAWs, PAs, LNAs, and Laminates. You will work closely with the Qorvo EDA team presently developing a unified flow for exporting designs from ADS, AWR, and Cadence to HFSS. To verify best practices, device and laminate level design and measurement skills will be necessary to close the gap between simulation and measurement.
- Work with a team of EDA Applications engineers tasked with supporting internal and external design tools
- Assist Qorvo designers with creating RF Module EM simulations using Qorvo best practices
- Develop and validate best practices for EM simulation of SOI Switches and LNAs
- Solve complex RF Module EM simulation accuracy issues
- Design and test verification structures at laminate and die level for various Qorvo technologies
- Interface with 3rd party Electronic Design Automation (EDA) vendors to communicate Qorvo specific needs for vendor product support, maintenance and development.
- Work with compact model extraction teams to close the gap between EM and compact model accuracy issues.
- MSEE or PHD with 5+ years working with electro-magnetic simulation tools, primarily HFSS for RF module design
- Familiarity with high performance RFIC, MMIC and module design flows.
- Proficiency with major electronic design automation (EDA) software platforms (e.g. HFSS, Cadence, Keysight, AWR).
- Laminate and die level RF measurement experience validating EM Simulation and models
- Experiencing laying out RF test structures for die and laminate
- Proficiency with Windows and LINUX computer systems and system administration.
- Proficiency with Python and general programming.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Some travel may be required depending on company needs.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE AT QORVO
We are Qorvo. We do more than create innovative RF solutions for the mobile, defense and infrastructure markets – we are a place to innovate and shape the future of wireless communications. It starts with our employees. As a unified global team, we bring a commitment to excellence, growth and a passion for creating what's next. Explore the possibilities with us.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcome all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, and/or any other status protected by law.
All successful candidates must be able to pass a drug screening test, pass a criminal background check, and provide proof of lawful work authorization in the United States.
Location: FL - Apopka, MA - Chelmsford, NC - Greensboro (HQ)
Activation Date: Saturday, December 7, 2019
Expiration Date: Saturday, December 12, 2020