The eDiscovery Specialist is responsible for the sales of eDiscovery services to new and existing corporate legal, law firm and government clients within a defined territory. The eDiscovery Specialist focus is to build partnerships that lead to annuity and/or recurring revenue streams with services from the information governance and eDiscovery technology portfolio.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary responsibility is developing new eDiscovery business to achieve quota
- Maintain and maximize existing eDiscovery clients within the assigned territory
- Schedule client meetings, prepare presentations, proposals, and bid specifications to strategically win new business
- Strong selling skills, with exceptional analytical, organizational, and communication abilities to work within a professional, team-oriented environment
- Serving as a first point of contact for all customer requirements
- Regular activities include prospecting via phone, e-mail or other medium; face-to-face sales calls utilizing the Ricoh sales process; follow-up letters/e-mails; interaction with clients and potential clients at Ricoh-sponsored, client-sponsored or industry-sponsored events and preparing for and delivering presentations to current and prospective client groups.
- Achieving and maintaining a comprehensive understanding of the full line of information governance and eDiscovery service offerings
- Entering client data into a CRM system and leveraging the system to generate additional contacts and sales
- Conducting research of the Corporate industry and legal department/clients within defined territory
- Assessing client needs and providing accurate price quotations
- Assisting the project management team with client communications when needed
- Work closely with eDiscovery Solutions Architects to facilitate effective solutions and workflows to meet the individual client needs
- Working collaboratively with other Ricoh business units to expand accounts with additional value add services
- Participation in and completion of all applicable training -- including ongoing skill and knowledge development beyond initial sales training
- Must be able to understand and communicate value of services to client in both verbal and written format. This includes investigating, documenting, and navigating client's custom workflows and requirements to determine how to best leverage Ricoh's eDiscovery technologies and services to meet client's expectations.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Requires four-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Requires 3 to 5 years in litigation sales or equivalent previous outside business-to-business sales experience. Proven track record in a high activity sales environment.
- Experience with services vs. products is preferred.
- Requires a base knowledge of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) and can consult clients on fundamental methods of data collection, reduction and search methodologies.
- Superior knowledge of sales techniques including cold-calling, networking, lead generation, all with the ability to capture and close the deal.
- Must successfully complete all required RICOH training
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Excellent negotiation, written and oral communication and presentation skills
- In depth knowledge of sales methodologies and processes
- Possesses strong organization and interpersonal and time management skills and is self-motivated
- In-depth business acumen and follow-up skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with or lead diverse teams to formulate account strategy.
- Possesses ability to interpret, comprehend and apply complex material, data and instructions --prepare, provide and convey diversified information.
- In depth knowledge of legal industry specifically with products and services supporting eDiscovery.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster key relationships with contacts outside of the sales function to formulate successful account strategies.
- Proficient computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite)
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.