Job ID: 156433
Location Name: CA-FSC SF Off (0174)
Address: 525 Market St, 32nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States (US)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Regular
Job Function: Creative
Our Marketing organization includes a strategic team of big thinkers and creatives who truly work interdependently. Whether supporting our digital initiatives, planning our loyalty program, developing multi-pronged marketing strategies, writing copy, building exciting in-store experiences, or designing national advertising, we are constantly finding ways to underscore our promise to partner with our clients to make the beauty world feel like it’s theirs—and our place as the industry leader. The pace is fast, the learning is constant…but as part of a team this driven, the possibilities are endless.
Your role at Sephora:
As an Editorial Creative Director, you are responsible for oversight of all copy across all Sephora marketing channels, as well as preserving and enforcing the Sephora editorial voice. On one hand, you will collaborate with our marketing team to solve strategic problems. But you can also expect to roll up your sleeves and execute high-level concepts, campaigns, and programs with the internal creative teams. This position reports to VP of Creative.
- Manage and motivate a team of writers, from entry-level to senior.
- Delegate/assign work, including monitoring team bandwidth and finding synergies where possible.
- Think on a campaign level and execute big-picture ideas.
- Direct and manage the work of strategic agency partners.
- Form relationships with key cross-functional partners across the organization.
- Develop positioning and creative/content strategies for new Sephora programs.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 10+ years of experience (incl. people management) on an in-house creative team or at an agency.
- Understanding of retail/ecommerce, including current industry trends.
- Understanding of beauty/fashion/lifestyle space, both retail and editorial
- Experience concepting campaigns and writing brand taglines.
- Experience directing copy for a variety of marketing channels including environmental graphics, ecommerce, programmatic, paid/organic social, and direct mail.
- Exceptional writing skills in your own right.
- Experience handling budgets and formulating resourcing plans.
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership, negotiation and consensus-building skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume environment with tight deadlines
You’ll love working here because:
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product (“gratis”) various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!)
- The business. It feels good to win – and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
- The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and “Summer Fridays” (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)…and so much more.
- The LVMH family. Sephora’s parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.
Working at Sephora’s Field Support Center (FSC)
Our North American operations are based in the heart of San Francisco’s Financial District, but you won’t hear us call it a headquarters – it’s the Field Support Center (FSC). At the FSC, we support our stores in providing the best possible experience for every client. Dedicated teams cater to our client’s every need by creating covetable assortments, curated content, compelling storytelling, smart strategy, skillful analysis, expert training, and more. It takes a lot of curious and confident individuals, disrupting the status quo and taking chances. The pace is fast, the fun is furious, and the passion is real. We never rest on our laurels. Our motto? If it’s not broken, fix it.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.