BidShore is a Chicago-based startup that is evolving with its unique and innovative business model - providing on-demand discounts thru merchant bidding. (Reverse eBay). Initially, targeting the Restaurant market in the ChicagoLand area.
BidShore is looking for a creative and dynamic Editorial / Journalism Intern to be part of our PR and Content Management team.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assist with editorial projects and provide support to the Communications Editor.
- Proofreading both hard and electronic files, basic copyediting, and writing of proposals and reports;
- Assisting with or proofing of basic ads, flyers, brochures, invitations, etc.
- Work on special projects, as needed
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, English, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with keen attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience/interest in Web maintenance
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign and Adobe Acrobat is a plus