As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Nemours is seeking an Education Event Coordinator (FULL-TIME), to join our team in either Jacksonville, Florida or Orlando, Florida.
At Nemours, each Associate plays a vital role in supporting the delivery of world-class pediatric care to the children we serve. The team based at our home office in Jacksonville, Fla. provides essential administrative, financial and technical support to Nemours operations across all locations.
This position is responsible for implementation and execution of Nemours educational events in accordance with all Nemours policies and Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) accreditation requirements. This position will support Florida continuing medical education events. This position can reside in Jacksonville, Florida or Orlando, Florida. Travel is required both within the state of Florida and nationally.
Essential functions are as follows :
- Coordinate logistics of educational events under the direction of the Director, Office of CME – Delaware Valley and Director of Continuing Education – Florida and in accordance with ACCME standards.
- Plan and execute educational events in collaboration with the program director/planning committee.
- Develop timeline and ensure deadlines for deliverables are met.
- Develop and implement effective marketing plan and materials in conjunction with Corporate Communication or outside vendors.
- Review and negotiate contracts to ensure fair and reasonable pricing on all goods and services relative to event management, including site selection, audiovisual needs, food and beverage, etc.
- Communicate regularly, in writing and orally, with faculty, program chairs and program attendees to assure coordination of information necessary for a successful event.
- Manage all events – attendance, expenses, income, CME credit – in CME Tracker computer program. Interface with industry representatives (pharmaceutical and/or device manufacturers) to arrange for commercial support for educational programs in compliance with ACCME guidelines.
- Maintains financial oversight of educational programs to ensure that costs are within budget, and opportunities for revenue (exhibitors, commercial support) are maximized.
- Ensure compliance with all ACCME and AMA requirements, including but not limited to, conflict of interest resolution, letters of agreement with commercial supporters, appropriate disclosure, etc.
- Additional miscellaneous duties and responsibilities, as may be assigned from time to time by employee’s supervisor.
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years experience required.
- CME experience and or educational meeting event experience preferred.
CMP (Certified Meeting Professional), CMMP (Certified Medical Meeting Professional) preferred.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.