The vision of the Office of Human Capital (OHC) is the benchmark in delivering innovative human capital solutions to support the objectives of its clients and partners. The OHC mission statement is to build workforce capabilities which assure the current and future success of National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), George C. Marshall Space Flight Center (MSFC). One of the primary missions of OHC is to Acquire, develop, and retain talented employees, equip them for high performance, and ensure their future success. Odyssey Systems has a need for an Education Specialist, who is customer and results-oriented; proactive; has strong analytical skills; highly detailed/organized; proficient in oral and written communications; creative and strategic thinker; and be able to multi-task and operate in dynamic environments. The Education Specialist should have demonstrated the ability to prepare communications materials that can be easily understood by a wide range of readers. The specialist must be a systems thinker, as well as a critical thinker.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Manage and assists MSFC with the implementation of education programs by creating timelines, managing budgets, communicating with customers, and collecting data to report on NASA metrics.
• Supports educational public events as requested.
• Assists in maintaining database information that supports education projects at MSFC.
• Supports Elementary and Secondary education projects by engaging learners, educators, and institutions to achieve established goals.
• Identifies shortfalls and matches between MSFC research needs and the skills available in higher education institutions.
• Operates MSFC’s Educator Resource Center (ERC).
• Represents MSFC to other government organizations, educational leaders, and local, state and national representatives.
• Communicates with and support educators and informal learners about NASA’s education products and services.
• Travels to various locations nationwide in support of MSFC education projects. Prepares and delivers presentations using various technologies including but not limited to: PowerPoint, WebEx, and NASA’s Digital Learning Network.
• Plans MSFC tours for various educational groups.
• B.A. or B.S. in education.
• Masters in the related field of study is desired.
• Ten (10) years of directly related experience is desired
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Huntsville, AL
• Duration: 3 years and 40 hours a week
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.