JOB TITLE: Education Technology Specialist DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
Summary: Responsible with planning and implementing, maintaining and management, and troubleshooting and repair of all Educational school technology within the Meskwaki Settlement Schools through active collaboration with all Tribal wide stakeholders.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
In the realm of Maintenance and Management Activities:
- All School Wide Systems includes Content Management, Telecommunication, Physical Access and Safety, Virtual Machinery, Active Directory, Weather, Clocks and Time Clocks, and roughly any system requiring an Internet Protocol address to function.
- All datacenter equipment (virtual and physical) and corresponding server packages includes Windows Server, Exchange Server, and all DNS/DHCP activities
- All Network routers and switches (managed and unmanaged)
- All Hardware devices such as Desktops, Laptops, tablets, e-readers, iPads, printers, label makers, scanners, projectors, mimeos, and any peripheral which may require hardware firmware or drivers or computer connectivity
- All software packages related to operating, backup, productivity, testing, and teaching across the Settlement Schools
- All licensing is compliance per purchase agreements with Vendor
- Support all users with appropriate credentials for Directory controllers and email servers
- Respond to system outages and contact appropriate support
- Respond to environmental changes and needs and contact appropriate support
- Oversee functioning of the technology operations of the school for the purpose of ensuring an effective, efficient and safe environment, where technology equipment and applications are utilized appropriately and efficiently to support routine administrative and educational functions of the school
- Direct the installation of technology systems and tools (e.g. hardware, software, systems, wiring, specialized applications and tools) for the purpose of ensuring the safe, timely and efficient installation of technology equipment and services.
In the realm of Planning and Implementation Activities:
- Work with stakeholders and local staff to address specific technical needs, coordinate training and assist with issues as they arise
- Plan, coordinate, and implement capital project activities
- Work with vendors to coordinate capital projects, preparedness services as needed
- Respond to tech requests in a timely and expeditiously manner
- Collaborate, coordinate, and plan for required infrastructure upgrades, hardware replacement, software upgrades
- Replace all equipment as required by plan and order equipment as needed for repair or broken
- Coordinate an enterprise wide effort in recycling of obsolete or broken equipment
- Administration of trainings and documentation (ex. security awareness) as required
- Maintain all appropriate e-rate materials for the school internet
- Maintain all documentation related to Physical and Logical systems (network maps, emergency exit room maps,
- Support the implementation of operational and educational technology initiatives (e.g. new systems, educational programs, hardware) for the purpose of assisting with delivery and implementation of initiatives, providing support and assistance to others, providing oversight of projects and/or training and providing information to others to ensure successful implementation. Authorizes permissions and individual access to technology applications or services for the purpose of ensuring proper access to technology systems by staff, students, parents and others consistent with district operating guidelines and regulations.
- Prepare a wide variety of documents, reports and materials (e.g. reports, policy and procedure documents, emails, memos, correspondence, budget, specifications, plans and drawings, analysis and test results, and cost estimates) for the purpose of providing necessary information to support district operations, including reporting internally and externally to the state or federal agencies, and other entities as required by district, state and/or federal regulations.
- Test technology applications, tools and programs for the purpose of assessing proposed products, programs or tools to provide feedback for the administrative decision processes, to ensure appropriate acquisition of educational and operational technology solutions and to assist others with these functions.
- Manage procurement, inventory and surplus of technology equipment, systems and related services for the purpose of ensuring that all technology purchases for goods and/or services are consistent with the school's technology objectives, and that equipment is properly inventoried or surpluses consistent with local, school and Federal regulations.
- Bachelors of Science in Computer related degree or higher
- Four years' experience of Windows Servers (Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, Terminal Services), and Microsoft products. As well as experience in managing MacOS.
- Two years of experience in management of Virtual Machine Systems (VMware); Firewall and network switches (SonicWALL and Cisco)
- Experience of backup procedures; Antivirus software, various hardware and software package
- Excellent troubleshooting skills ability to narrow down the cause of an issue and determine a solution.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and work well with all levels within an organization specifically working effectively within the culture and processes used in educational organizations.
- Knowledge of classroom technology including Smart Boards, clickers, document cameras, sound systems, projectors, cameras, etc. a strong plus.
- Knowledge of student data systems (i.e. Infinite Campus), a strong plus.
- Highly organized with strong project management skills, and drive to meet organizational and departmental objectives Ability to manage projects on interrelated time lines.
- Strong understanding and experience setting up, configuring, and managing network components. Not limited to managed switches, manage multiple vlans on the network, manage an enterprise wireless network with multiple AP's, manage network operating systems
- Supervised by the Information Technology Director.
- Annual Salary Range: $50,710 - $75,088