- Swansea, MA 02777
- Job Type
Meadowridge Academy is a 36 bed Residential facility that offers comprehensive treatment to adolescent males and females aged 12-22 with mental health issues, behavioral difficulties and complex trauma histories with the use of individualized care, and strengths based trauma informed treatment. With the utilization of the evidence based ARC treatment model we help students build positive relationships, learn self-regulation skills, and transform their individual interests into sources of strength, resiliency and success. We provide quality care including a school on site, a full clinical staff, nursing staff, and 24-hour direct care supervision.
Meadowridge Academy is looking for a Full Time Education Counselor. The ideal candidate we are looking for is someone who can embody and uphold our values on a daily basis. This person must love working with adolescents, be energetic, positive, disciplined, have excellent boundaries and will thrive in a fast-paced environment. The type of Education Counselor we are seeking will take pride in working with a team who strives to make everyday a little bit better for our group of adolescents.
The Education Counselor will be responsible for the following:
- Helping students with classwork in a special education setting.
- Supporting the Special Education Teachers during class.
- Support all efforts to ensure the safety and well-being of students by providing verbal and physical interventions to provide a safe living environment.
- Be a positive role model by building rapports with our students.
- Follow all regulations and policies and be able to work with a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required.
- Experience working with adolescents in a Special Education setting strongly preferred.
- Residential program or mental health program experience preferred.
- Meet programs background and driving record check requirements.
- Maintains valid driver’s license as transporting students is required.
- Must be available to work on milieu floor during school vacation and holidays.
- Able to work alone in an unsupervised environment
- Must be 21 years of age
- Bilingual a plus!
Bilingual bonus - Eligible candidates will receive $500 after 3 months of successful employment and $500 after 6 months of successful employment.
Offer includes access to excellent Blue Cross medical and Delta Dental benefits, 401K, tuition reimbursement, pension, generous paid time off and much more!
JRI is an equal opportunity employer and is strongly committed to building and maintaining a diverse community. Persons from diverse backgrounds including women, communities of color, the LGBTQ community and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Posted 30+ days ago