POSITION SUMMARY: The Education Department Facilitator enables and empowers each member of the Education Department to perform their duties as corrective education teachers in a professional, collaborative and mutually supportive environment in order to deliver high quality remedial reading and math services to children enrolled for Act 89 services. The Facilitator will draw upon the individual and collective expertise within the Department to further develop teaching skills and seek to align remedial services to the educational objectives of the schools. The Facilitator will elicit from the Department members staff development needs and, with support from colleagues, seek out opportunities to address these needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Facilitate the setting of clear goals and expectations for the department that are aligned with the needs of our clients and the program, at large
• Responsible for timely service delivery and efficient program functioning
• Attend, participate and contribute to the work of the Non-Public School Program (NPSP) leadership team in accomplishing the established goals of the program
• Coordinate the adherence to all Pennsylvania Department of Education regulatory requirements associated with educational services and programs
• Facilitate department staff meetings
• Collaborate in the development of appropriate staff in-services and act as liaison between internal and external community resources
• Demonstrate flexibility in addressing daily situations involving school administrators, outside agency representatives, parents and Elwyn personnel
• Participate actively in program meetings, workshops, and in-service presentations
• Perform other duties as assigned
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Deputy Executive Director or designee
DIRECT REPORTS: Teachers
CONTACTS: Elwyn staff, agency staff, school personnel, parents/guardians and students
• Master's degree in Education preferred
• Pennsylvania Department of Education Certification required
• Five (5) years' teaching experience
• Ability to communicate and work cooperatively with parents, agency representatives, school principals and other professionals related to the education of students
• Ability to supervise and manage/enhance the personal, social, emotional and academic growth of team members
• Ability to maintain appropriate documentation systems.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Must possess excellent customer interaction, collaboration, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated (basic, intermediate, advanced) experience with Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint; Access, Publisher and report-writer experience preferred
• Must have current, valid driver's license in state of residence, 3 years driving experience, and acceptable driving record
• Knowledge of the Pennsylvania Department of Education rules and regulations
• Knowledge of developmental disabilities, learning styles and alternative education programming
• Knowledge of current educational research
• Knowledge of private schools and referral resources in the Philadelphia area
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ENVIRONMENTAL PROFILE: See Physical Demands Checklist. School setting with occasional minor hazards. Some flexible hours required.
Elwyn reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
Elwyn is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, genetic information, disability status, military or veteran status, marital or family status, political activities or affiliations, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, and federal law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled