At Steward Health Care System, we are committed to improving the health of our communities by delivering exceptional, personalized behavioral health care with dignity, compassion and respect. Our continued focus on the patient experience informs our caregivers in how to provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient and family preferences, needs and values.
We dedicate ourselves in the communities we serve to delivering affordable health care to all and being responsible partners. No matter what your role, as a member of the Steward family, you are a specialist in the making every patient and family feel right at home, every co-worker a key to our success, and every referring practice, a team of prized colleagues.
In support of this, we commit ourselves to the following values:
If you are seeking a fast-paced, challenging position in an organization committed to achieving and maintaining a standard of excellence in all we do, our organization may be a good fit for you.
EEG Technologist, 40 HRs/Week, Day Shift, Weekends Required, Holidays Required
I. Position Function:
The Registered EEG technologist must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skill necessary to provide care in the Neurophysiology Lab for stable patients and at the patient's bedside for critically ill patients. The EEG Technologist must perform standard and complex neurophysiological recordings on patient populations ranging from neonatal to adulthood and geriatrics.
II. Job Relationships:
Reports to the Technical Manager of Respiratory Therapy (or his/her designee).
Interacts with other health care professionals to plan, provide, monitor, and evaluate care services for our patients.
III. A. Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1.) "Provides superior customer service to internal and external clients, customers,
and patients as referenced in the Service Excellence Standards."
We are looking for a highly-motivated Registered EEG Technologist to specialize in:
Testing, Documentation and Interpretation Requirements according to lab protocols and those established by ASET.
• Perform routine EEG's.
• Perform continuous video EEG monitoring at the bedside.
• Perform ambulatory EEG's.
• Set-up, troubleshoot and perform multiple technical procedures.
• Ability to multi-task between different applications at the same time.
• Record all montages.
• Perform activating procedures to demonstrate abnormalities in the EEG waveform.
• Document patient movements, clinical events, and other activities that may produce real or artifactual waveforms.
• Record all sensitivity and filter settings in record.
• Include all calibrations.
• Include all pertinent patient information on face sheet.
• Perform daily quality assurance for all patients undergoing inpatient continuous EEG monitoring to ensure adherence of electrodes to allow for artifact-free recording, accuracy of video camera placement, and participate in education to improve proper understanding by bedside and nursing staff of the need to document clinically relevant events.
• Include Technologists impression. Be able to make discriminating observations and communicate with physician.
• Include patient's billing information for physicians.
• Enter and result charges for each patient.
• Must provide initial and maintenance training with all equipment in the EEG laboratory (routine and continuous monitoring equipment) for new hires.
• Must perform monthly and annual quality assurance measures for the EEG lab and continuous EEG protocols.
• Must ensure that reports are entered into Meditech in a timely fashion in accordance with timelines established by the Program Director.
Quality control, data collection and analysis
• Ability to collect specific data points and add to Microsoft Office application.
• Ability to analyze data sets and report on specific information collected for various studies or applications.
Professional and personal presence
• Flexibility of changing environments.
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing needs and scheduling requirements.
• Professional demeanor and be able to appropriately interact and apply skills with patients ranging from neonatal to geriatric and be able to adapt to different needs of the patient.
• Ability to provide a high-level of customer service to meet standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s) in a timely manner.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills.
• Must be able to work in a team environment as well as independently.
• Must be competent to provide patient care specific to age, culture, gender and medical conditions.
• Remaining current with new trends or changes by reviewing journals, books, workshops, etc.
B. Responsibilities/Non-Essential Functions:
Enhances professional growth and development through in-service meetings, educational programs, current literature, workshops, etc.
Respiratory therapists shall be accountable for:
- Maintaining the confidentiality and security of all hospital related, medical staff related, and
patient related data and information, electronic or hard copy.
- Abiding by all hospital/department policies and procedures.
- Accurately measuring/calculating pulmonary parameters.
- Knowledge of all facets of critical care respiratory therapy and American Association for
Respiratory Therapy Clinical Practice Guidelines.
V. REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
• Vocational or Technical training in Electrodiagnostic Technology required.
• Certification by the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic Technologist.
• Advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access). May need to produce complex documents, data collection and analysis.
• Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies and demonstrate for practical applications in varied situations.
Education: Electro Neuro Diagnostic Program preferred
Experience: Minimum 3-years
Certification/Licensure: EEG Board Eligble, Certification by the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic Technologist (R EEG T). Preferred
Software/Hardware: Meditech, Athena
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Important COVID message
Please note, St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center is taking additional, necessary preparations to ensure patients can receive compassionate care in a safe, carefully managed environment - with confidence and without fear. Our Safe and Ready program consists of a rigorous [five-point] standard ensuring patient safety, confidence and convenience: Expanded hours will allow previously cancelled procedures to be scheduled as quickly as possible. Any COVID-19 related care takes place in designated areas away from other patients and their families. Emergency Departments are reorganized to be a safe place to treat all emergency patients. A stringent cleaning policy has been implemented throughout the hospital. A strictly controlled visitor and masking policy is required for patient safety. You can rest assured that we have made the necessary preparations to provide care in a safe, controlled and professional way.