Country:United States of America
Location:HSK02: Kidde Aerospace 4200 Airport Drive,NW, Wilson, NC, 27896 USA
At Collins Aerospace, we’re dedicated to relentlessly tackle the toughest challenges in our industry – all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies– Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems – we’re driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.Role Overview
This position is for an experienced EH&S Generalist professional with deep knowledge and highly developed technical expertise in multiple EH&S disciplines, who develops procedures and permits to achieve and maintain compliance, environmental regulatory reports, and trainings and communications. This position is responsible for implementing strategic EH&S initiatives to achieve and maintain the improvement of policies and programsto enhance EH&Sperformance.
• Develops procedures, reports, permits and training across multiple EH&S disciplines as required to achieve and maintain compliance.
• Implements strategic EH&S initiatives and coordinates/drives the necessary tactical resources/elements to achieve and maintain successful implementation.
• Liaises with Facilities Management and business partners to achieve and maintain facilities and site activities are compliant with local regulations.
• Analyzes and monitors audit findings to achieve and maintain safe work practices.
• Develops required environmental regulatory reports and submissions to achieve and maintain standard documentation.
• Develops EH&S training and communications on subjects identified as important or required by regulations such as confined space, respiratory protection, compressed gases, electrical safety, ergonomics, etc. to achieve and maintain that procedures are understood and applied.
• Coordinates and influences environmental contract negotiation to achieve and maintain regulations conformity.
• Acts as a partner in EH&S by formulating and administering EH&S plans and procedures including EH&S Program Management.
• Has responsibility for multiple EH&S specialties.
• May perform tasks associated with Health / Safety and Environmental / Compliance.
• Coordinates with business partners for EH&S concerns regarding facilities and employee practices.
• May have responsibility for facilities and / or medical at a site.
• Organizes and maintains EH&S policies to achieve and maintain compliance with regulations.
• Manages relationships across other specialized departments to achieve and maintain compliance with EH&S regulations and UTC requirements.
Candidates for this role should possess a Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of prior relevant experience or an Advanced degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
• Tuition reimbursement
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• And more
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms