Open Until Filled
The Employment and Training Supervisor works directly with the Employment and Training Deputy Director and the Employment and Training field staff to lead innovative solutions, engage collaborative partnerships and develop strategic employment and training services for the workforce center(s) they are responsible for. This position maintains a consistent approach to providing employment and training services, develops innovative and creative service delivery, structures staff roles within the office to provide excellent customer service to clients, resolves issues with customers and coaches and develops staff, as well as addresses personnel issues within the division.
Human Resource Contact: 307-777-3547
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The listed functions are illustrative only and are not intended to describe every function which may be performed in the job level.
- Provides leadership guidance to staff in an effort to help clients overcome barriers to employment and closes the gap between skills and business hiring needs.
- Develops an outstanding team of dedicated and effective professionals.
- Assists staff in developing opportunities for youth, sustainable career paths for adult workers, and assists employers with a variety of programs and services provided through their perspective American Job Center (AJC).
- Provides guidance, training, and support to their assigned workforce center staff to help with efficiency in day to day operations, effectiveness in service delivery, and increasing customer satisfaction.
- Oversees the delivery of services and ensure adherence to all applicable State and Federal regulations.
- Works closely with the Employment and Training Deputy Administrator to communicate and achieve goals and performance, as well as promote the Department of Workforce Services (DWS) mission and vision.
- Maintains the workforce center internal controls, programmatic compliance, and financial discipline that is needed to meet the Department of Labor (DOL) compliance.
- Supervises individuals and work in the office.
- Trains implements and plans the deployment of programs.
- Participates in strategic planning for the Division.
- Monitors and approves fiscal expenditures.
- Develops local policies and procedures.
- Makes referrals to supporting agencies and conducts follow-ups.
- Recommends and interprets operational policies.
- Works with various community entities to facilitate job growth and job placements.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Laramie, Wyoming
Agency: 053-LWC - Southeast Region - Laramie Office