Magna is an innovative leader in the development and manufacturing of high quality complete seating systems. Our solution includes seating structures, mechanisms and hardware, as well as foam and trim products for global automotive, heavy truck and bus industries. Our capabilities include market and consumer research; full concept development; design and engineering capabilities; testing, validation and world-class manufacturing. Our award-winning seating solutions are developed from consumer research, finding the ease of operation to be comfortable, convenient and connected.
We are looking for an EHS Coordinator who will be responsible for providing environmental, health, and safety leadership to the Moore, South Carolina manufacturing site. This person will be responsible for supporting EHS objectives and targets; internal reporting of EHS performance; communication of national, area, and local regulatory requirements.
- Appropriate site ISO/OHSAS certifications, assuring accurate and complete EHS reporting of metrics, managing interfaces with the public and governmental authorities with adverse findings and enforcement actions, site security, and creating a strong EHS culture that engages employees throughout the site in EHS teams and processes.
- Lead Safety Team as they develop unit safety programs.
- Promote safety and health throughout the plant, this includes coaching individual members or Safety Representatives.
- Assist with inspections and evaluations of new and old equipment to ensure the equipment is properly guarded.
- Facilitate work area and inspections/evaluations to ensure a safe work environment.
- Develops Job Safety Analyses (JSA) PMR are scheduled to replace JSA as updates are necessary.
- Handles disposition/reclamation of hazardous, non-hazardous, and industrial process waste streams and wastewater discharge sources.
- Create/implement procedures to meet new Federal and state regulation and OSHA, ANSI and ISO standards.
- Support the HAZCOM Program by evaluating, classifying and approving new chemical requests, evaluating use of current chemicals and offering alternatives, and monitoring the effectiveness of the current MSDS program.
- Routinely evaluates new equipment and existing workstations for safety concerns and for ergonomic fit.
- Additional responsiblities as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Safety or Environment or related field or equivalent EHS experience preferred. Associates degree in Safety or Environment or related field required.
- Minimum three (3) years of EHS experience in manufacturing required, automotive preferred.
- EHS Certificate, Hazwoper, OSHA 30 hour Certified preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations and the fundamentals of safety and industrial hygiene.
- Has a basic understanding of waste regulations, safety, and industrial hygiene practices.
- Ability to read and apply legal and other requirements, such as OSHA, EPA, & DOT regulations, ANSI Standards, ISO 14001 Standard, and DRiV policies, procedures, work instructions, guidance, etc., as may be applicable to the plant.
- Ability to read and interpret Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
- Must have excellent communication skills to be able to clearly pass information concerning safety precautions to staff of the company.
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Must have coordinating abilities that are of the highest standards.
- Must be a proven leader by displaying good leadership skills.
- Must be observant and proactive at all times when it comes to issues related to workplace safety.
- Must be willing and able to work as part of a team or even lead a team if the need arises.
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Coordinator