Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves. The company has a history of superior earnings growth and was the fourth best performing stock in the S&P 500 during the last decade, up 1580%.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over $10 billion publicly traded company (NYSE: PCP) employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp. Mr. Buffet stated, “I’ve admired PCC’s operation for a long time. For good reasons, it is the supplier of choice for the world’s aerospace industry, one of the largest sources of American exports. Berkshire’s Board of Directors is proud that PCC has joined Berkshire.”
“We are very pleased to be joining forces with Berkshire Hathaway,” said Mark Donegan, PCC’s chairman and chief executive officer. “We see a unique alignment between Warren’s management and investment philosophy and how we manage PCC for the long-term. We believe that as part of Berkshire Hathaway, PCC will be exceptionally well-positioned to support our customers’ needs into the future. This transaction offers compelling and immediate value for our shareholders, and allows PCC’s employees to continue to operate in the same manner that has generated many years of exceptional service and performance to our customers.”
PCC Aerostructures is a leading supplier of complex components and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
PCC Aerostructures now includes more than 35 plants in the U.S, Europe and Asia with over 5000 employees and has ambitious growth plans. Businesses within PCC Aerostructures include Primus International, SPS Aerostructures, Centra, Avibank and AVK, Klune, ProCoat, Southwest United Industries, Progressive Incorporated, Synchronous, Noranco and Kalistrut. Plants locations include Washington, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas, Ohio, Canada, Mexico, the UK and China.
Located in Kent Washington, Protective Coatings Inc. is a leading provider of full service finishing for the aerospace, electronics and medical industries in both commercial and defense applications. Services include but are not limited to non-destructive testing such as fluorescent penetrant and magnetic particle inspection and a wide variety of surface enhancement processes such as shot peening and abrasive blasting, passivation, cadmium and nickel zinc plating, chromic, sulfuric and boric sulfuric acid anodizing and the application of chromate conversion coating on ferrous and non-ferrous alloys. Organic coating includes the application and testing of multiple resin systems such as epoxies, phenolics, polyurethanes, polyesters, elastomerics, intumescents, lacquers, alkyds, acrylics, dry-film lubricants, powder coatings and Teflon. Current approvals include the National Aerospace and Defense Contractors Accreditation Program, (NADCAP), Boeing Commercial Aircraft Company, Boeing Defense and Space, Boeing/Philadelphia, Boeing Long Beach, Grumman, Gulfstream, Lockheed Martin, Goodrich, Bombardier, Cessna and Sikorsky among much else.
Founded in 1976, Protective Coatings Inc. was later acquired by Precision Castparts in 2012, and became part of the Aerostructures Division. Staffed with approximately 300 employees, the facility generates annual revenues in excess of $26 million. As a defense contractor Protective Coatings Inc. is registered with the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls as a subsidiary of Precision Castparts Corp and is fully compliant with all relevant facets of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and the Export Administration Regulations.
The Environmental Health and Safety Generalist is responsible for implementing the organization’s Environmental Health and Safety programs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Regulate employees on compliance with Safety and Health requirements.
• Inspect machines and other equipment for accident preventing Audit and maintain acceptable levels of safety, emergency response and first aid equipment
• Conduct assessments and implement provisions of disseminating information including but not limited to advice, signs, posters, barriers and performance measures to warn employees of potential or actual safety hazards and/or to prevent access to areas where hazardous conditions exist
• Perform audits throughout the manufacturing operations and work with Supervision to reduce the risk of employee injury
• Demonstrate continual focus on improvements and enhancements.
• Develops, recommends and implements programs to assure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal environmental regulations including documentation, reporting, permits, manifests, training, and policy development
• Develops and administers EH&S training and communication programs (i.e. HAZCOM, HAZMAT, Forklift etc.).
• Interfaces with external agencies, plant, division and corporate contacts regarding various Environmental initiatives, programs and practices.
• Extract and manipulate data from business systems for environmental reporting. Complete and submit periodic reports for air, storm water, waste water, hazardous waste, community right to know programs and other relevant media
• Record and investigate all incidents of injury, work related illness or damage to property, partnering with the necessary parties to resolve any identified corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence and meet loss-reduction goals.
• Coordinate, Plan and implement the actions and recommendations of the Safety Committee in accordance with Regulations and Company Policy.
• Orchestrate monthly Safety Audits of the facility, equipment and personnel to ensure compliance with all Regulations and Company Policies and ensure a safe workplace, partnering with necessary parties to resolve any identified corrective actions.
• Must perform other reasonable tasks as assigned by Supervision
• Must have strong leadership skills
• Must have demonstrated the effective utilization of skills in such areas as planning and organizing, decision-making, problem solving, communication, and administration
• Ability to prioritize and complete multiple and diverse work assignments with minimal supervision and direction
• Must possess excellent computer skills
• Must possess ability to effectively work with all levels of the organization
• Experience in environmental inspection and audit processes is a plus
• 1+years of experience in a large manufacturing environment
• 1 year of experience performing the duties of a Health and Safety Specialist focal in an industrial setting or the ability to demonstrate adequate knowledge of the applicable regulations, industrial risk and preventive action
• Have working knowledge of OSHA Regulations
• The ability to train and otherwise direct the actions of others where health or safety issues are concerned
Level of Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Chemistry, Safety Engineering, or related technical field
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.