Knoll is a constellation of design-driven brands and people working together with our clients to create inspired modern interiors. Since 1938, we’ve been thinking about how people interact with their environments and how their environments impact what they do. Our strength in office systems, seating, furniture, textiles, leather and architectural accessories allows us to compose integrated solutions from products and services that naturally work together.
To learn more, visitwww.knoll.com
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position is responsible for helping to create and foster an environmental health and safety culture at Knoll. Candidates will formulate and facilitate Environmental, Health, and Safety programs to assist managers in providing a safe workplace for all associates and to comply with all Federal, State and local regulations second Knoll policies and procedures. Lead the site Emergency Response and Medical Department. Individual projects are also assigned to this position as required.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all Environmental, Health, and Safety standards affecting all company property and personnel
- Provide management with advice on and solutions to problems affecting the environmental health and safety of company personnel second potential environmental issues
- Recommend new and improved safety equipment
- Develop associate-related Environmental Health and safety programs to train associates in Environmental, Health, and Safety accident prevention
- Manage ISO 14001 & 45001 program as the Management Representative (EMR)
- Perform in-house audit of plant facilities and recommend action for correcting Environmental, Health, and Safety deficiencies
- Work directly with the plant resources in resolving any citations issued by local, state, and federal inspectors
- Review all reports and recommendations from insurance carriers and provide recommendations for appropriate changes to the plant weighing cost, benefits, and risks to the company
- Review and analyze plant’s accident reports and appear for the Company in Worker’s Compensation hearing where appropriate
- Perform the duties of Environmental, Health, and Safety inspector of Knoll East Greenville facility to ensure compliance with all company, local, state, and federal safety standards
- Complete performance reviews as required
- Administer the environmental, health, safety, and medical budgets
- Develop and administer the Waste Minimization program
- Evaluate, plan, and implement new plant processes for Environmental, Health, and Safety issues
- Coordinate hazardous material transportation
- In conjunction with the purchasing department, coordinate the purchase of chemical products and/or hazardous materials used in the facility
- Plan and implement all Environmental, Health, and Safety testing to include the testing of water, noise, air, etc.
- Maintain and operate Environmental, Health, and Safety systems and make recommendations as required
- Manages the operations of a wastewater treatment plant to ensure compliance with regulatory procedures and reporting practices.
- Promote associate well-being by encouraging participation in ergonomic programs
- Complete necessary environmental reports which include Form R, Tier II, Method 24, State Operating Permits, Permit to install.
- Conduct periodic environmental management reviews with site leaders to empower others for continuous improvement.
- Experience with and/or education in environmental, safety, occupational health and manufacturing processes.
- Experience with wastewater treatment plant operations.
- Experience with environmental regulatory reporting (Form R, Tier II, Method 24, State Operating Permits, Permit to install).
- Participates as a member of the environmental, heath, and safety and manufacturing site Leadership Team. Participates in ongoing development, communication and implementation of team concepts, programs and policies. Coordinates work to ensure best practices with all team members. Attends appropriate team meetings. As a member of the Technical Team, fosters strong cohesiveness regarding all major issues; e.g., direction, annual plan, budget, policy changes, etc. Accepts responsibility to quickly identify any areas of lack of cohesiveness, bringing them to the attention of the team leader and working with the team in a supportive manner to resolve issues effecting cohesiveness. Actively look for ways, and reinforce actions needed, to achieve synergy possible within the larger organization.
- Performs other duties as necessary in support of business objectives. This position description is intended to guide the activities of the Manager of Environmental, Health, and Safety. It is not intended to limit the thinking and creativity of the person to the work of this function nor is it intended that this describe all the work that may be required of the person in this position.
- Bachelor of Science in safety or environmental management, or related field preferred.
Knoll is an Equal Employment opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or other applicable laws. If you require an accommodation due to a disability at any time during the application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition at email@example.com.