Description :This is a professional Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) position with an emphasis on employee safety and compliance with company standards and federal and state regulatory requirements. The principle work function is to support EHS for a number of geothermal power plants and associated steam field and maintenance activities. The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of applicable safety concepts, practices, standards and regulations. Knowledge of Industrial Hygiene principles and experience with the implementation of related programs is preferred. Professional certifications such as CIH or CSP are desired. The position is responsible for investigating safety accidents and complaints concerning hazards or uncomfortable conditions in the work place and recommending improvements in processes, procedures or equipment. The candidate may serve as the key EHS contact for field or plant locations to include assisting with required training and preparation of environmental and safety compliance documents and reports.
• Provide oversight of major programs such as Accident and Injury Investigation, Respiratory Protection, Control of Hazardous Energy, and others.
• Partner with operations to build employee engagement and the continued enhancement of the safety culture.
• Drive EHS risk recognition and mitigation by assessing and communicating physical, operational, and regulatory risks related to EHS matters.
• Support continuous learning through identification of EHS best practices and timely and relevant communications.
• Track EHS compliance status and ensure timely and accurate completion of task requirements.
• Review collection and recordkeeping practices related to EHS matters.
• Compile and submit internal and external reports as specified by EHS requirements.
• Makes decisions regarding own work, within defined parameters.
• Regularly contributes useful ideas for own work area.
• Typically works on routine tasks and problems of defined scope with minimal oversight.
• May be designated project or technical lead for an ongoing process or short-term project within the EHS Department..
Requirements :• Bachelor’s Degree or higher, preferably in Engineering or Science. Experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
• Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) credential, or similar, is preferred.
• Working knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations pertaining to EHS.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in EHS, preferably in energy or manufacturing.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Functional understanding of MS Office suite.
• Ability to travel 20% of the time.