6 month contract
The company will supply coat, safety shoes and glasses. This site is not manufacturing. The person will be engaging EHS activities for chemical labs and maintenance area. The key for the ideal candidate is Responsible Care. "Strong working knowledge of the American Chemistry Council's Responsible Care Management System® and the ability to implement and utilize it in daily work activities. " BS in science or engineering with 5 year EHS exp.Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Leveraging your practical work background in EHS, you will provide technical and regulatory
expertise to ensure occupational safety compliance at the site as part of a zero-incident mindset.
- Understanding of chemical laboratory environments and the wide range of associated risks so
you can identify and work with management on EHS issues / recommendations / opportunities to foster continuous improvement of EHS programs and culture.
- Strong working knowledge of the American Chemistry Council's Responsible Care Management System® and the ability to implement and utilize it in daily work activities.
- Working knowledge of environmental regulatory requirements, to be able to provide operational support for environmental programs including air permitting and hazardous waste.
- Provide support by interfacing with regulatory agencies and third parties, as needed, on
regulatory and enforcement issues.
- Assist with writing, training and implementing EHS policies and procedures, which may include:
Safe Work Permits, Job Hazard Analysis, Management of Change, Incident/Accident
Investigation, Lock Out/ Tag Out and Hot Work Permits.
- Participate in capital project reviews providing environmental, industrial hygiene and safety
expertise when needed.
- Support emergency response activities through the development of required drills and
coordination of annual training.
- Knowledge of radiation safety and certification in this area is a plus.
- Able to effectively manage time and organize multiple assignments involving competing priorities.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to use a personal computer (Microsoft Office Products including; Outlook, Word, Power
Point); produce accurate work products, access information, maintain EHS databases, and
navigate the Internet.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people from different Departments and Business
- Methodical approach to work activities. The candidate should be organized and detail-oriented
B.S Degree in science or engineering is preferred.
Must have a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience in EHS.
Experience in Responsible Care is strongly desirable