- JOB SUMMARY/PURPOSE
- Performs cardiac diagnostic procedures including EKG, holter electrocardiography, cardiac stress testing and event monitoring. Educates clients as appropriate.
- DEPARTMENT DESCRIPTION
- Samaritan Health Services Respiratory Therapy team delivers treatment and diagnostic patient care services to critical and non-critical patients. We serve all age groups and patient populations using evidence-based techniques related to the cardiopulmonary system.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate of a cardiac technology program or equivalent experience required.
- Healthcare Provider BLS required.
- One (1) year experience or training in EKG, holter monitor or cardiac stress testing preferred.
- CCT credential preferred.
- Patient Care - Possess the skills and knowledge needed to assist and care for others. Ability to recognize symptoms, drug properties and interactions, treatments, and preventive health-care measures within scope of practice.
- Communication - Effective written and oral communication skills to explain complex issues, exchange information between team members, and tactfully discuss issues. Ability to perform group presentations and listen to and understand complex information and ideas.
- Time Management - Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work to complete within required time frames and to follow-up on pending issues. Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in dynamic fast-paced environments and under pressure.
- Conflict resolution - Ability to proactively resolve conflicts in a positive and constructive manner. Possess the knowledge and skills to handle complaints, settle disputes, and negotiate with others to reach mutually beneficial decisions.
- Social Perceptiveness - Ability to work with a diverse population from pediatrics to geriatrics. Basic understanding of age-related differences in caring for and/or communicating with patients and caregivers. Possess personal sensitivity to the needs and experiences of others and a non-judgmental attitude towards persons of differing standards, values, lifestyles, and ages.
- Medical Terminology - Knowledge of medical records, procedures and terminology. Ability to read, interpret, and apply policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
(1 - 10% of the time)
(11 - 33% of the time)
(34 - 66% of the time)
(67 – 100% of the time)
CLIMB - LADDER
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 20 - 40 Lbs
LIFT (Knee to chest: 24"-54") 20 - 40 Lbs
SQUAT Static (hold >30 sec)
PUSH (0-20 pounds force)
PULL (0-20 pounds force)
WALK - INCLINE
ROTATE TRUNK Standing
PUSH (20-40 pounds force)
PULL (40 - 60 pounds force)
WALK - LEVEL SURFACE
CLIMB - STAIRS
BEND FORWARD at waist
ROTATE TRUNK Sitting
REACH - Forward
MANUAL DEXTERITY Hands/wrists
REACH - Upward
PUSH (60 or more pounds force)
LIFT (Floor to Waist: 0"-36") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Knee to chest: 24"-54") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Waist to Eye: up to 54") 0 - 20 Lbs
LIFT (Overhead: 54" and above) 0 - 20 Lbs
CARRY 1-handed, 0 - 20 pounds
CARRY 2-handed, 0 - 20 pounds