Organization: Adventist Health Portland
Primary Location: United States-Oregon-Portland
Job Posting: Sep 15, 2020, 4:43:34 PM
Shift: Day Shift
Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a EKG Technician who:
Performs standard and complex electrogcardiogram (ECG) and procedures using specialized equipment, under minimum direction. Uses electrocardiogram equipment and medical techniques to record the electrical impulses transmitted by a patient's heart for diagnostic purposes. Schedules patients and procedures.
- Completes electrocardiogram tests as requested by a physician to detect heart disorders. Performs an electrocardiogram (ECG) by attaching electrodes to a patient and then pulling switches on an ECG machine to trace electrical impulses transmitted by the heart. Performs stress tests which involves hooking up a patient to an ECG monitor for a baseline reading and then monitoring. the patient's heart while he or she exercises on a treadmill which produces ECG readings at multiple levels of physical exertion.
- Gathers the patient's medical history. Explains testing procedures and prepares the patient for the procedure.
- Monitors the patient's status and notes any abnormalities during testing. Reports the findings to the patient's doctor for further analysis after testing.
- Calibrates and checks equipment on a weekly basis and orders necessary supplies.
- Processes patient records, in adherence with established procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:
- High School Education/GED or equivalent: Preferred
- Associate's/Technical Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience: Preferred
- Current certifications in BLS, American Heart Association: Required